Medical Oncologist in beautiful Asheville, NC
Hospital Medical Oncologist position in beautiful Asheville, NC - Full Time
Cancer Care of Western North Carolina (CCWNC),an affiliate of Mission Health, is seeking two full time board certified/eligible medical oncologists to support the inpatient medical oncology service for the 13 physician practice. The inpatient service is supported by a full time advanced practitioner and includes rounding and management of the patients admitted for the practice. The hospital oncologist will work collaboratively with the CCWNC physicians and advanced practitioners to coordinate and promote continuity of care through their inpatient/outpatient transition. The team meets weekly to discuss cases and the best patient management in the acute care setting. With 26 years of longevity in the medical community of western North Carolina, CCWNC works closely with local hospitals and medical practices to provide state-of-the-art Hematology/Oncology care to its patients.
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
- Full time position, seven days on service with seven days off, Monday to Monday. Average 26 seven day work weeks annually.
- Competitive salary and benefits package with an additional week off.
- Comprehensive Cancer Center including radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists and support services in survivorship, physical therapy, integrated health, nutrition and psycho-social support.
- In house pathology and radiology, including vascular and interventional services.
- Practice setting at Mission Hospital, a Level II Trauma Center with 750 beds with strong sub-specialty services.
- Position supported by a full time advanced practitioner and daily consult service medical oncologist from the practice.
About Cancer Care of North Carolina:
Cancer Care of North Carolina works closely with facilities in the region to provide state of the art Hematology/Oncology care. CCWNC was one of the first QOPI (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative) certified practices in North Carolina and in 2012 was able to achieve certification for all six practice sites through the ASCO based program. In 2014, CCWNC was recognized by PRC (Professional Research Consultants) as a top performer in the nation for patient satisfaction. The practice currently employs 13 medical oncologists and 19 advanced practitioners, serving seven clinics in the WNC region. Please visit http://cancercareofwnc.com/