Chief Science Officer
The Chief Science Officer (CSO) will be an accomplished scientific leader in the field of thoracic cancer research and treatment, and will have extensive experience in advancing science through building and maintaining strategic partnerships. We are seeking a positive, responsible, team-focused leader who will bring out the best in our staff. The CSO will direct, guide, and support the scientific strategy of the Association, including but not limited to scientific research projects, publications, educational content for conferences, and educational offerings for members. The position will oversee the work of staff members involved in the review, generation, and evaluation of scientific content for various educational programs, conferences, projects, and publications. The CSO serves as a public spokesperson for the IASLC at conferences, with the media, and in meetings with pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry partners and donors.
The Chief Science Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). IASLC Headquarters is located in Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
• Primary responsibility for leading and directing the IASLC’s scientific strategy and programs, including Scientific Affairs, Educational Programs, and the Journal of Thoracic Oncology (JTO) in coordination with the Journal’s Editor-in-Chief
• Work closely with the IASLC Board, CEO, Leadership Team, and scientific advisory committees to set priorities and select scientific projects that will achieve organizational goals with available resources
• Apply working knowledge of standards and current practices in academic and medical publishing
• Act as a consultative scientific expert on topics related to thoracic cancer research and ongoing initiatives
• Facilitate collaboration on IASLC initiatives and projects and ensure consistent messaging around the IASLC’s mission from a scientific perspective
• Foster ongoing partnerships with external organizations including the pharmaceutical and technical sectors by utilizing knowledge and awareness of thoracic oncology and industry practices to identify and establish relationships that could support projects of the IASLC
• Represent the IASLC’s position on scientific affairs related to lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies to external stakeholders including advisory groups, national committees, and related health care organizations
• Present the IASLC’s projects to potential sponsors and donors
• Provide scientific content and support for new funding opportunities as requested
• M.D., actively practicing medicine in the field of thoracic malignancies as a medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, or thoracic surgeon or a related area of medicine
• 10 or more years of recent experience in clinical medicine involving the treatment of lung cancer and thoracic malignancies
• Strong track record of scientific accomplishment
• Proven experience in project management and the ability to contribute technical support for multiple programs simultaneously
• Significant understanding of scientific publishing processes
• Proficiency in managing complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic and business planning and management, including talent management, budget accountability and full-cycle development and analysis of programs
• Proven ability to lead by example and accomplish goals through an open, inclusive team-oriented work style and collaboration with employees and stakeholders throughout the organization
• Ability to work with a variety of industries, including research, academic, biotech, pharma and medical communities
Please send a current resume/CV and a detailed letter of interest to IASLCHR@iaslc.org with “Chief Science Officer” in the subject line. The letter should describe your interest in the organization and this position, as well as professional experience and education that qualify you for the position. Application deadline is April 30, 2019. Additional information can be found at https://www.iaslc.org/about-us/careers-iaslc.
About The IASLC
The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is the only global organization dedicated solely to the study of lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies. Founded in 1974, the association's membership includes more than 6,500 lung cancer specialists across all disciplines in over 100 countries, forming a global network working together to conquer lung and thoracic cancers worldwide. The association also publishes the Journal of Thoracic Oncology, the primary educational and informational publication for topics relevant to the prevention, detection, diagnosis and treatment of all thoracic malignancies. Visit www.iaslc.org for more information.
The IASLC mission is to:
• embrace the study of the etiology, epidemiology, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and all other aspects of lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies
• provide education and information about lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies to IASLC members, to the medical community at large, and to the public
• use all available means to eliminate lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies as a health threat for the individual patient and throughout the world.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Aurora
- Medical Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Aurora
- Thoracic Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Aurora
- Translational Research Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Aurora
- Radiation Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison jobs in Aurora