Clinical Associate - Community Hematology Oncology
The Section of Community Hematology Oncology (CHO) within the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology is seeking an Assistant Professor or Clinical Associate in Astoria, OR at the Columbia Memorial Hospital (CHM), with the CMH-OHSU Knight Cancer Collaborative.
It is anticipated this position will be made up of the following components: Clinical, Teaching, Research/Academic and In-Patient Service at Columbia Memorial Hospital (CHM) in Astoria, Oregon.
- Support of the mission, goals and objectives of OHSU, The Knight Cancer Institute, Community Hematology Oncology and the School of Medicine.
- Care of patients with hematologic and oncologic disease in the Astoria community.
- Participate with other faculty on disease specific provider teams.
- Establish and maintain a program of scholarly activity directed toward improved understanding of the causes, detection and treatment of hematologic and oncologic disease.
- Participate in administrative committees and councils of OHSU as approved by the Chair and Division Head.
- Engage in public service through consultative activities with non-university groups with knowledge and consent of the Chair and Division Head.
- Participate, as desired, in the education of medical students and house staff in accordance with assignments to the department by the Curriculum Committee and Chair.
- Participate, as desired, in clinical, translational, and bench research activities.
- Licensed to practice medicine in Oregon
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified/board eligible in medical oncology/hematology with a desire to practice in a community based clinical environment as part of an academic health care system
- Background, focus, and drive to excel
- Ability to provide excellent clinical care to cancer patients in the community setting
To apply online, please visit our website at www.ohsujobs.com, and enter IRC77050 into the search field. Applicants should provide a cover letter and their curriculum vitae with their application.
For more information, please contact Sarah Perry, HR Coordinator, at KnightCancerHR@ohsu.edu.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.