Medical Director, Breast Care
Central Care Cancer Center - We Invest in You!
Serving millions of patients, OptumCare is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We are the career home for Providers who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you'll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
At OptumCare Breast Care, we strive to create a home for breast health, offering comprehensive, coordinated, and multi-disciplinary care. We tailor treatments to suit each patient’s unique needs. The Breast Care program has been recognized as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, which is the highest level of recognition available from the National Quality Measure for Breast Centers. We are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive breast care in a patient-centered setting.
The Medical Director, Breast Care Program is a member of the leadership team and responsible for the quality, cost and service levels of health care for the overall Breast Care Program. This position works closely with the senior leaders to direct, manage and evaluate all surgical and breast care practice operations. This position is also responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the activities in direct support of patient satisfaction, quality improvement, utilization, clinical intervention, and quality management.
- Provide leadership and communication for physician leaders, physicians and clinical staff as well as leadership for our expanding Breast Care Program
- Responsible for effective interviewing, selection, orientation, development and retention of Breast Care Program Providers
- Partner with medical management staff to promote clinical process improvement
- Ensure effective quality assurance and risk management processes
- Ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with regulatory standards
- Ensure ongoing professional medical management development programs
- Establish direct relationship with key departments including pharmacy, underwriting, medical adjudication, claims and provider relations, and assist with issues and/or concerns
- Medical Degree
- Board Certified in Surgery
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- Minimum of 1+ year post-fellowship clinical experience as a Breast Surgeon
- Successful completion of a recognized Breast Cancer Fellowship Program
- Five years management experience and prior executive oversight experience in a clinical setting with a proven track record in leading and/or creating advanced clinical programs
- Experience in medical utilization management, medical quality assurance, quality improvement techniques, risk management and a prepaid environment preferred
- Extensive knowledge of oncology or breast care operations; strong knowledge of management practices, human relations, consensus building and collaborative ability
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Medical Director, Breast Surgeon, Surgery, Breast Care, Physician, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV
Apply for Medical Director, Breast Care
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly