Deputy Director US Medical Affairs MD
Physician will work with the business unit to help establish the safe and effective use of the marketed products. As well as assist the development team in investigational products and helping to bring these drugs through regulatory approval. He/she will work with the international, national and regional thought leaders and the medical affairs field force. There also will be responsibilities regarding regulatory filings and interactions. The candidate will also be involved in pipeline development and working closely with the MSL teams, as well as Global Development.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director US Medical Affairs MD, are to:
- Incumbent is answerable, medically, for the products/drugs under His/her direction and/or for the establishment and Maintenance of Marketability of products in his/her/her area.
- Incumbent's position on the project team has a significant impact on The direction of the company's research and marketing Efforts in that Area of responsibility;
- Incumbent makes significant contributions to the strategic and Conceptual aspects of that research area or product Support effort (research or marketing objectives, etc.);
- Within company policy, communicates results of research and Recommendations for action;
- Within patent and strategic limitations, publishes results of research to worldwide scientific, medical, political and lay community;
- Responsible for the design, organization, and management Of an Overall drug or product development or defense plan, and Its execution In the us with high medical and ethical standards and full Knowledge of And compliance with all government regulations for the us Market;
- Assist in performance evaluation and training and Development of Personnel under his/her direction;
- Under the direction of the medical director, develop and maintain Productive contacts with peers in bayer ag research family abroad.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Normal requirements for this position are an M.D. degree (with clinical Pharmacology training and clinical academic expertise also Desirable) as Well as board eligibility;
- Candidate must have at least five years Directly related pharmaceutical industry experience (exception - medical Experience can also be recognized as equivalent experience).
- A Thorough Knowledge of company policies and procedures in drug testing is Desirable;
- Incumbent must have demonstrated originality in Problem Solving as applied to drug development and have skills and Experience in Dealing with government officials in the us and abroad;
- Incumbent is the medical expert in that area and is responsible for Helping with feasibility studies for clinical research studies Often Using experimental drugs incumbent may direct work of other Physicians, Scientists, medical research assistants, secretaries and Other support Personnel assigned to the drug project;
- In addition, Incumbent Has indirect supervision of mras and numerous independent Clinical Investigators and may act for the medical director as a Project team Leader in a complex drug development or product defense Effort;
- Incumbent contributes significantly to the strategic and Conceptual Aspects of the project team work such as identification of Research or Marketing objectives and formulation of future research or Marketing Objectives and serves as medical consultant to the project Team;
- Incumbent functions as a medical consultant to corporate Management Throughout the company and with the outside medical Community including Government regulatory agencies and other bodies, and is Thus Viewed as the company's medical expert in that area of Responsibility Both internally and externally;
- Incumbent is responsible for Interpreting and evaluating results of research and communicating Results and recommendations;
- As medical monitor on studies (which Comprise phases I, II & III) incumbent is on call as A medical expert and is responsible for advising and/or solving Life-threatening situations that may arise in the clinical Investigations;
- The design and conduct of his/her studies are carried Out with the highest medical and ethical standards and in Compliance With all government regulations;
- Incumbent is responsible for advising corporate management, marketing, Quality control and other units on medical questions in His/ Her area ofexpertise;
- Maintenance of expert medical knowledge is Achieved, among Other means, by attendance and participation in medical Meetings and Seminars and review of current literature.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Reference Code: 38760
+ 1 888-473-1001, option #5