PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced, compassionate Oncologist to join its practice at the PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center located in Vancouver, Washington (Portland Metro Area). The ideal candidate will have a dedicated mindset to improving and growing the Oncology practice within our community in addition to a willingingness to practice Hematology.
If you enjoy big city amenities with quick access to the great outdoors, practicing in Southwest Washington would be a great place for you!
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join an established Adults-only practice for 3 Oncologists and 2 Radiation Oncologists
- Only Cancer Center in Clark County accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACOS)
- Only Center in Clark County to use integrated IGRT/CBCT for precise treatment targeting and recognized as a center of excellence for Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- CyberKnife® radiosurgery center, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and High Dose Radiation
- 22 station (18 chair/4 bed) Infusion Centers on site
- Comprehensive Cancer Team, including (but not limited to) nurse navigators, OCN registered nurses and MAs within clinic.
- A minimum of 13 patients a day with a call schedule of 1:3
Why you’ll love Vancouver and Longview:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160k people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle
- The temperate climate in western Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and roses.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Washington State does not have state income tax
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 275k outpatient clinic visits.
- Over 850 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally.
- In 2014 they received a Gold Star Recognition from the Washington State Hospital Association for clinical initiatives designed to reduce readmission rates and infections.
- In 2015, Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program earned a three-year accreditation honor from the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- The Kearney Breast Center was accredited as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the American College of Radiology.
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC EMR
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement and relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
- Excellent health coverage options plus vision and dental
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.