Global Medical Affairs Leader
Provides leadership and leads global strategy for Medical Affairs activities supporting the Companion Diagnostics Lifecycle Team. Driving medical value, clinical differentiation, and Launch Excellence. Ensures successful, aligned execution of Medical Affairs Plans and supports Lifecycle plans.
- Provides Medical/Scientific expertise and business strategy acumen into development of overall Global Medical Affairs Strategic Plan.
- Leads, plans, coordinates and implements each Product-specific Medical Affairs Plan and ensures successful implementation of Medical Affairs activities including non-registration studies, publications, education and training programs for pathologists, and internal training programs.
- Leads cross-functional collaborations across Roche and with external pharma partners.
- Responsible for affiliate communications and interactions to ensure affiliate input into Global Medical Affairs planning and that affiliates receive high quality Medical Affairs support.
- Provides leadership for direct reports, including setting of individual objectives and performance evaluation on an ongoing basis and at regular review sessions, and talent development.
- Miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
- MD or PhD
- MD with Board Certification in either Oncology or Anatomic/Clinical Pathology preferred.
- 10 years related experience, with a minimum of 5 years related clinical experience including recent experience in oncology.
- 5 years demonstrated leadership experience with management of people, teams and processes.
- Clinical research experience including design, protocol development and execution of clinical trials.
- Previous medical/scientific affairs experience in clinical/life science and/or diagnostic oriented markets advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent medical and scientific knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of oncology.
- Excellent knowledge of conducting research studies and clinical trials.
- Excellent people skills with ability to build and foster global relationships.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to function with excellent judgement, high integrity and in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
Domestic and international travel expected between 25% and 30% of time.