Sr. Medical Director, Medical Affairs
The Senior Medical Director will function as a scientific and medical expert for the Medical Affairs department at Seattle Genetics, as well as other groups across the company. He/she will develop overall medical strategy and leads the cross-functional medical affairs plan for the designated therapeutic area. As a part of the Global Product Team, he/she will be responsible for developing the product lifecycle development strategy. He/she will lead the interactions with Cooperative group, NCI/CTEP and other top thought leaders in the designated therapeutic area, serving as the primary Seattle Genetics externally-facing expert to the medical community. This person will be responsible for providing medical expertise and leadership to the medical affairs and commercial teams and have responsibility for execution of specific projects. The role may also include supervision and mentoring of Associate Medical Director(s) and other staff. The role will interface with multiple internal functions including medical information, medical communication, medical affairs operations, field medical science liaisons, commercial (marketing, sales, managed markets), health outcomes, regulatory, clinical development and safety as well as external partners and physicians in the community.
- Develop and execute the overall medical strategy for designated products and therapeutic area
- Serve on Global Project Teams as Medical Affairs representative and medical expert
- Help identify and effectively interact with key thought leaders to engage in scientific and medical exchange to meet the needs of hematology-oncology patients and advance the field of study
- Serve as the medical lead on lifecycle strategy, including IST strategy development and execution of corporate-sponsored Phase 4 studies
- Assure appropriate close coordination with Commercial and Marketing teams to support their efforts, including medical expert support of product launches
- Collaborate with the field medical liaison team and support reactive material develop to address their healthcare provider questions
- Collaborate with MA Operations group to evaluate and manage Investigator Sponsored Trial efforts, including review of protocols and ongoing safety evaluations
- Collaborate with Medical Information specialists on the development of medical information letters and documents
- Coordinate with Clinical and Translational Medicine teams on strategic priorities and study support
- Collaborate with Medical Communications on the preparation of manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings as well as other scientific communications initiatives
- Demonstrated passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of hematology and oncology
- Strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders.
- Collaborative style both internally with other company leadership, but also with external thought leaders, medical professionals, and partners,
- A team player; works well in a team environment both as a leader and a contributor
- Open, engaging and transparent. Also comfortable with conflict and able to push back when needed
- Global perspective and mindset; ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies
- Extensive experience and strong understanding of hematology-oncology drug development
- Medical degree with hematology-oncology background (ideally ABIM-certified)
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred. Prior medical affairs experience a plus but not required
- Ability to think strategically
- Collaborative mindset and a proven track record of working effectively in diverse teams involving multi-functional disciplines
- Ability to work in an international matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively address the scientific and non-scientific community
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.