Associate Director, Diagnostics and Biomarkers
Seattle Genetics is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to lead the development of companion diagnostics for our pipeline of targeted cancer therapies. The successful candidate must possess a deep understanding of clinical biomarker development, the oncology therapeutic landscape, and the regulatory guidelines for companion diagnostic submissions. While the primary role of this position will focus on the development of assays for patient selection, the ideal candidate will also provide scientific and strategic input to support efficient decision making for our ongoing clinical trials. As a member of development project teams, as well as research and translational subteams, he/she will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment and to support projects throughout clinical development.
- Lead the development and execution of companion diagnostic and biomarker strategies for targeted oncology therapies
- Direct the co-development of companion diagnostic assays by working closely with development teams and external partners
- Evaluate the scientific basis and clinical applicability of companion diagnostic assays, including test validation and rigorous data analysis
- Provide expertise to R&D, clinical development, and regulatory teams on the state of the art of companion diagnostics and biomarker assay technologies
- Must be able to work in fast paced work environment and lead cross-functional teams
- Candidates must have a Ph.D or MD with relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development of companion diagnostic and biomarker strategies, including in depth knowledge of companion diagnostic discovery and development, assay development, analytical validation, clinical validation and utilization of companion diagnostics in oncology
- Broad understanding of clinical development process and regulatory approval process of biomarkers and companion diagnostics
- Experience implementing or overseeing technologies and/or methodologies such as in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, IHC multiplexing, fluorescence applications, use of image analysis algorithms, laser capture microdissection, RNAseq, qPCR, etc.
- Analysis of companion diagnostic data in preclinical and clinical setting
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.