Clinical Value and Outcomes Liaison
Seattle Genetics is seeking a Clinical Values & Outcomes Liaison for our growing Medical Affairs organization. The CV&O Liaison will develop and maintain professional relationships with managed care customers by serving as a comprehensive scientific, medical and managed care expert supporting Seattle Genetics products and pipeline for the Northeast territory of the US market. In close partnership with Managed Markets, the Outcomes Liaison will be responsible for being a key partner with population based decision makers and evaluate, on an ongoing basis, the key evidence, medical education and outcomes research needs of this important customer segment. The incumbent will be an expert in understanding the scientific needs of commercial and government payers as well as Integrated Delivery Networks, and pathways to ensure that Outcomes Research and related Medical Affairs strategies & tactics are in place to address the specific needs of population based decision makers.
CV&O responsibilities include communicating clinical and economic data and that resonate with population based decision makers, conducting health outcomes research and analyses and publishing/presenting scientific data. A key part of the role will be interfacing and building strong partnerships with internal stakeholders including a range of medical & commercial partners, to ensure that insights and ideas are shared across the organization. The responsibilities of this position will grow as Seattle Genetics expands its portfolio.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payer clinical and health economic evidence needs and demonstrate leadership among cross functional teams for health outcomes research projects
- Play a key role in development and critical review of managed care materials such as economic models, AMCP dossiers & slide decks • Develop & maintain relationships with clinical decision makers at accounts
- Assist with strategy and generation of health economic and outcomes data and presentation of such data to customers. Serve as a Medical Affairs lead for disease state and outcomes-based product presentations to managed care customers
- Ensure the execution of appropriate strategies and tactics that demonstrate value and are customized to meet the needs of customers within the managed markets environment
- Develop and maintain a strong collaborative working relationship across the organization, particularly with market access and medical science liaison colleagues
- Work cross functionally to assist in the generation of data and presentations aimed at improving access, including conference presentations & payer communication materials
- Collaborate within medical affairs to educate & address questions on various aspects of managed care
- Take initiative to research and analyze potential barriers to provider and patient access
- Provide consultative support to region-specific accounts in the areas of health economic and health outcomes research, including comparative effectiveness research, and education to payer decision makers
- Compliance with all Seattle Genetics, Inc. policies and procedures including rules that govern external engagement
- At least 3 years of Industry and/or managed care experience required
- Advanced degree in healthcare or related field required
- Demonstrated technical and scientific expertise in oncology is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand trends in reimbursement & effectively communicate with access decision makers
- Thorough knowledge of managed care, health outcomes research and medical research
- Strong teamwork, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence
- Experience in developing & presenting health economic & outcomes research data
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to be field based; extensive travel (approx. 50-70%) is required with this position
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.