Sr. Manager, Medical Information
The Senior Manager of Medical Information serves as a senior Medical Information (MI) professional and leader to staff within Medical Information. The Sr. Mgr., MI determines MI team responsibilities and congress coverage, oversees MI global contact center operations, and acts as an oncology MI Subject Matter Expert (SME) to MI staff. The Sr. Mgr., MI oversees and reviews MI content creation for response to unsolicited requests for MI, and ensures high-quality medical accuracy review of promotional and non-promotional materials. This position reports to the Senior Director of Medical Affairs Operations.
- Serve as senior MI professional and team leader, supervise onboarding, continual training, and education to MI team members. Serves as a role-model/leader for MI team members, and provides them with operational and technical/functional guidance
- Serve as Medical Information liaison for an assigned department(s) outside of Medical Affairs, coordinating collaborations, projects, activities, participating on committees, subteams and working groups
- Determines MI team responsibilities and congress coverage based on program assumptions and business needs
- Oversees MI global contact center operations and annual MI budget planning; acts as a SME and source of guidance for MI team members regarding functional activities including promotional review, MI external-facing content creation, and therapy area expertise. Ensures that all materials created and reviewed by MI are medically accurate and compliant with internal policies and procedures
- Provides high-quality review of promotional and non-promotional materials; assists with other Medical Affairs activities as needed such as training, resource development, and congress-related activities
- Leads MI planning for new product launches, line extensions, and key data releases, as applicable; contributes to the planning, development, and review of global MI content
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify scientific information to meet customer needs
- Keeps abreast of industry guidelines and informs MI team; drives best practices and develops resources to optimize MI; develops and executes MI action plans when product-related issues are identified
- Serves as a global MI point of contact for internal/external audits, affiliates, and alliance partners; communicates global updates and obtain key insights to bring back to the broader global team
- Leads internal efforts to analyze global MI customer data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; strategically communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning
- Facilitate intake and triage of adverse events and product complaints as they relate to Seattle Genetics’ products
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by management
- A minimum of 3-5 years biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience is preferred, particularly in the field of hematology/oncology
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of assigned therapeutic area and pertinent disease state(s).
- Demonstrable strong leadership, communication skills (verbal/written), negotiation skills, and ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Comprehensive understanding of Medical Information regulations, best practices, processes and deliverables including promotional review, medical letter creation, contact center operations,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Up to 5% national and some international traveling may be required
- A clinical or advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) required; BCOP preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.