Oncologist and Medical Director Positions California Coast
1. Full time Medical Director (p/t Medical Director and p/t clinical oncology)
2. Full time Medical Oncology and/or Hematology/Oncology
- Ambitious and comprehensive cancer care center which includes an infusion center, a fully functioning state of the art radiation department with two new accelerators, image guided radiotherapy, and stereotactic radio-surgery. Robust weekly tumor board and close working relationships with UCSF and Stanford Medical.
- Growing program currently with 700-750 new cancer patients a year; infusion center sees 29 patients a day.
- Physician-employed positions with competitive pay, great benefits, and sign-on/relocation/other possible.
Highly collaborative patient care environment. Comprehensive cancer care center includes a state-of-the-art radiation department with stereotactic radiosurgery capabilities.
Medical oncologists enjoy the support of a dedicated social worker, nurse navigators, oncology dietician and additional clinical support.
A robust weekly tumor board with a full complement of highly engaged physicians including pathology with slide review in real-time, radiology with imaging analysis, surgical and medical specialists.
St. Joseph Health Medical Group is a foundation model multi-specialty group offering physician employed positions. We have over 100 providers in Humboldt County committed to providing compassionate, quality care for the entire family, through every stage of life.
Lonely Planet, the largest travel guide book publisher in the world, named our coastal redwood forests as the #1 destination in the US for 2018. We are minutes from pristine Pacific Ocean beaches and surrounded by ancient redwoods that are the tallest trees in the world.
In 2017, Eureka was awarded a California Cultural Site designation for its history and commitment to the arts and local culture. Humboldt has previously been recognized by Outdoor Magazine, National Geographic, Backpacker Magazine, USDA Most Scenic Rural County, and by Men’s Journal (as one of the top seven places to “buy land in paradise”).
Numerous area schools have received state and federal awards, and Humboldt State University—on 144 acres tucked into an old growth redwood grove with views of Humboldt Bay—has nearly 50 undergrad degrees, about a dozen graduate degrees, and one of the most impressive undergrad marine research departments in the country.
We are rural—about five hours drive north of San Francisco—but we have sophisticated cultural and social ameni-ties, a thriving locavore tradition, and our local regional airport has daily direct flights to and from San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Denver.