Medical Science Liaison (multiple territories)
Are you interested in being a part of an exciting new Oncology MSL launch team? GSK is hiring in the following territories! We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be a part of an amazing culture that fosters growth and help build a team from the ground up. At least 2 years of oncology MSL experience is required along with an advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD).
Available territories: New York City; Washington DC/Baltimore, MD; Nashville TN; St. Louis, MO/Kansas City, MO/Little Rock, AK; Raleigh/Durham/Charlotte, NC; Philadelphia,PA; Columbus/Cleveland, OH
As a Medical Science Liaison you will be responsible for leadership of the external engagement strategy aligned to the therapeutic portfolio, as well as the design & implementation of the external engagement plan including the advocacy plan aligned to Therapy area strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out engagement activities in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Internal Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing)
- Work with medical colleagues to identify External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area and or geography.
- Gather medical voice of the customer and construct and implement effective Medical Affairs strategy and planning through participation in or escalation to internal North America Medical Affairs teams
- Provide documentation for all interactions with HCPs according to applicable policies.
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials.
- Attend and contribute (if required) to medical portion of regional account planning/training sessions.
- Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK.
- Support clinical development activities and programs including GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating with R&D staff to improve site performance.
External Stakeholders (External Experts and other healthcare professionals within assigned geography/therapy area, investigators and potential investigators, professional societies and formulary decision makers)
- Conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with external experts
- Gather medical voice of customer and secure advice that informs and assists GSK in the development of medicines of value, for the ultimate benefit of patients.
- Conduct individual discussions and meetings with GSK-contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc, on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK).
- To respond verbally or by providing appropriate written materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information or safety concerns that may have been asked of GSK sales staff or Medical and adhering to all policies and procedures regarding the provision of medical information
- Provide information in response to standing requests from external stakeholders (e.g. HCPs, formulary decision makers), when appropriate information becomes available.
- Deliver oncology scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited request.
- Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical research projects and forward them to appropriate Medical Affairs staff for funding consideration.
- Participate in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards as requested and in accordance with the applicable policies.
- Provide promotional presentations.
- Deliver affirmative presentations to HCPs and formulary decision makers within the scope allowed by the MSL Practice Policy.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Pharm D, PhD, M.D.or equivalent education
- Two years of experience and success in oncology within an MSL organization
- A demonstrated understanding of the US healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance; and a clear understanding of pharmaceutical compliance policies and procedures
- Possess solid knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous clinical experience in situations where direct/indirect decision making authority for patient care was demonstrated
- Ability to work within large and complex matrix teams
- Ability to facilitate high quality discussions around GSK medicines with external expert
- Ability to maintain a command of a large amount of scientific information across multiple products and show effective written/verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of clinical research methodologies and a demonstrated ability to translate scientific, clinical and safety research studies in an effective credible manner. Able to independently evaluate the scientific literature regarding scientific research.
More searches like this
- Hematologic Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in New York City
- Medical Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in New York City
- Melanoma Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in New York City
- Pharmaceutical Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in New York City