Director, Scientific Communication - Medical Affairs
Are you interested in a highly visible medical affairs role that allows you to design training and program content that educates and shapes awareness of our medicines? If so, this Medical Affairs Director, Scientific Communications Oncology role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Office Based Medical Affairs Director, you will be responsible for lead the development of US oncology medical communication assets and creates scientific communication plans, tactics, field medical educational material and external tools in alignment with the US Medical affairs leads. You will also be accountable for materials required at medical booths, symposia, presentations, and MSL trainings; provide medical accuracy review on additional materials and will liaise with cross-functional team including clinical development, medical, marketing and biostats. Additional responsibilities include representing US on the Global SciCom matrix team, collaborating with investigators, congresses, medical experts and authors. The role will work in close partnership and collaboration with Global Scientific Communications organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following
- Develops scientific communication plans in the US for GSK assets and leverages publication / data dissemination plan for the creation of simultaneous and aligned enduring materials and educational activities; leverages and applies Global plans to US market
- Accountable for accurate and impactful scientific deliverables including symposia, slide decks, MSL tools, and booth materials and accuracy review of non-departmental driven materials (examples: publications & congress presentations, MI letters)
- For all deliverables, collaborates with investigators, congresses, medical experts and will liaise with cross-functional internal team including clinical development, medical, marketing and biostatistics.
- Provides US market input into the development of scientific platforms for oncology specific assets
- Assists in the development and execution of innovative tools for internal and external communication including digital/social medical delivery
- Supervises timely execution for all deliverables within the Scientific Communication plans for assigned assets
- Maintains a strong understanding of internal and external publication, scientific engagement and medical education/IME standards globally
- Oversees medical education strategy for assigned assets exploring innovative and interactive educational opportunities and executing on educational symposia at congresses as needed
- Disseminates internally up to date scientific data across oncology assets and disease states including recent publications, landscape, insights, presentations, study specific information, scientific statements, providing training as needed to medical affairs associates
- Ensures awareness of oncology specific assets internally by developing materials and training tools
- Ensures clinical trial awareness materials available to MSLs to supplement trial recruitment activities
- Maximizes scientific communication opportunities through the creation of tools and content for advisory boards, medical booths and externally facing meetings
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PharmD, PhD, or MD
- 3+ years of oncology experience
- Has worked in pharmaceutical or communication company focusing on oncology for 3+ years
- Experience in developing oncology medical education tools and material
- Knowledge of publication guidelines and practices
- Ability to interpret, analyze and organize scientific data
- Experience with strategic and tactical publication planning, development of abstracts, manuscripts, and slide decks with strong scientific content.
- Experience with medical education meetings and digital/social medical delivery
- Experience leading and working within cross-functional teams
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
More searches like this
- Hematologic Oncology Administrator/Manager $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Multispecialty Administrator/Manager $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Pharmaceutical Administrator/Manager $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Oncology Administration Administrator/Manager $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in Philadelphia