US Medical Affairs Leader, Cell Therapies
4 days left
- Career Fair Category
- Career Fair
The US Medical Affairs Leader (US MAL) - Cell Therapies is the single point of medical accountability for a medicine (NY ESO 1 for example) or medicines, and leads the development and execution of US Medical Affairs strategies for medicine(s) including launch optimization if applicable.
The overall purpose for this role in the current Medical organization is to enable Medical to be a strategic scientific partner to both internal stakeholders and customers. This position will be able to strategically engage in a credible and ethical manner in understanding how the science and clinical care will evolve and advance in the future, informing scientifically sound and clinically meaningful positioning of GSK or our products and the identification of critical knowledge/evidence gaps at both the product and disease area levels. Key capabilities include strategic thinking, business acumen, effective matrix leadership, with proven ability to motivate, influence, negotiate, and collaborate; strong project management skills; solid planning and organizational skills; strong scientific/analytical problem-solving skills.
- Aligns and directs all medical affairs resources into a focused vision and strategy
- Provides one medical affairs voice, medical expertise, and insight within the US.
- Collaborates with clinical development to provide insights and ensure US needs and issues are addressed.
- Incorporates US Medical Affairs voice at the global franchise or business unit level.
- In collaboration with the VP/Therapy Area Head, drive the strategic direction and execution of all medical affairs work for cell therapies by leading the US Medical Matrix Team(s) and co-leading the US Medical Commercial Strategy Team(s).
- Ensures US customers (payers, HCPs, Policymakers, health systems) are appropriately engaged over the life cycle of the medicine in close collaboration with field medical to meet US reimbursement needs.
- Leads the interpretation, translation, and integration of medical voice of customer (patients, providers, payers) into medical affairs strategy and prioritizes patient’s benefit and welfare.
- Maintains deep product and disease expertise on the medicine(s) and includes market and competitive knowledge in all medical plans.
- Provides input into the design of Phase IIIB/IV studies and selection of investigator sponsored studies in alignment with the global franchises.
- Proactively partners with R&D, commercial, and the global franchise to deliver all medical activities to support life cycle management, and instills integrity of scientific content of these activities.
- Closely aligns with safety, compliance, regulatory, and manufacturing to ensure best benefit-risk assessment and to quickly integrate relevant changes.
- Provides development, coaching and other support as needed to direct reports.
- Leads enterprise and organizational projects/programs based on business needs.
- Medical doctor with Board certification/qualification, and clinical experience in oncology/hematology and/or cell therapy required.
- Significant pharmaceutical industry and scientific/medical affairs experience required.
- Deep clinical and scientific knowledge in cancer cell therapies preferred.
- Product Launch experience is required.
- The position will require many internal and external senior leadership interactions; including at external national and regional meetings. Local or Global experience in these types of arenas is considered as an asset.
- Thorough understanding of the US healthcare environment, stakeholders and customers.
- Demonstrated effectiveness for development and execution of medical strategy.
- Excellent communications and leadership skills: able to effectively communicate written and verbal scientific data and to understand the clinical implications of the data.
- Experience in line management and leadership of highly effective and motivated matrix teams.
- Skilled in leveraging available resources to drive business improvement.
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking, project management, and leadership/management.
- Demonstrated ability to work across boundaries and geographies effectively
- Ability to navigate complex organization matrices, interpretation and translation of evidence and challenging situations to work through to effective solutions.
- Able to lead, coach and teach others.
- Capable of flexing/adapting to changing business priorities and marketplace/customer needs.
- Ability to make informed strategic decisions and have foresight to predict/anticipate future scenarios.
Apply for US Medical Affairs Leader, Cell Therapies
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Physician-Scientist $300,000 - $399,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Clinical Trials Research Physician-Scientist $300,000 - $399,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Immuno-Oncology Physician-Scientist $300,000 - $399,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Lymphoma Physician-Scientist $300,000 - $399,999 jobs in Philadelphia
- Medical Oncology Physician-Scientist $300,000 - $399,999 jobs in Philadelphia