Director, Head of Translational Medicine Data Science
4 days left
- Career Fair Category
- Career Fair
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.
As a Director & Head of the Translational Medicine Data Science, you will work in multidisciplinary international team of world-class scientists and research associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of the antibody and oncology field with the goal to transform oncology by discovering and developing antibody therapeutics that serve cancer patients with unmet medical needs.
- You will lead the development and expansion of cutting-edge bioinformatics and computational tools and capabilities within the Genmab Translational Medicine team
- You will utilize computational tools and approaches to partner with the Translational Medicine team to analyze high dimensional flow cytometry, gene profiling, cytokine profiling and a multitude of immune signalling assays to increase conviction in the mechanism(s) of action, resistance and predict safety/liability features of drug candidates.
- You will use external low, medium and high-density data to complement and provide added context to internally produced data
- You will lead the design, expansion, and maintenance of internal pipelines for relevant computational analyses
- You strategically identify opportunities for improvement of analytical pipelines and data management tools that can enhance data analysis strategies
- You will work seamlessly with colleagues from Discovery Research and Clinical Development to bridge and integrate relevant data that informs conviction in assets (Mechanisms of action, liabilities, biomarker plans, patient stratification, etc…)
- You will lead the strategy to socialize and establish intuitive data analysis and visualization tools with biologists/immunologists and translational scientists
- You will work with the Translational Research teams to establish, implement and execute acceptable QC/QA practices for all data generated
- You will manage bioinformatics projects, both in house as well as outsourced to service providers
- You continue to stay up to date on the latest relevant scientific literature and translate your learnings into evolving best practices at Genmab
- You enable strategic relationships with leading external subject matter experts and commercial companies in data science to help advance and meet Genmab’s needs
- You report scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents and product-development reports.
Skills & Experience
- You hold a PhD degree in immunology, biology, with a bioinformatics, computational biology background or vice versa.
- You have excellent knowledge and good understanding of bioinformatics, especially as applied to translational research preferably in the oncology setting
- You have good programming skills (Java, Python, R, etc…) and are experienced in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as cloud services for storage and computing (AWS-S3, etc…)
- You have a deep knowledge and practical experiences with high density -omic data types and relevant external resources (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, flow cytometry, TCR sequencing, immune assays, etc…)
- Ability to implement/adopt new algorithms for data analysis
- You have worked with regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP when working with tools and databases.
- Working knowledge of commercial and public biological data bases including SRA, NCBI, Oncomine, DepMAP, TCGA, ClinVar/ClinGen, 1000 Genomes is expected
- Published in high quality journals, references, and external presentations.
- You have a ‘getting things done’ mentality, you are creative, pro-active, enthusiastic, out-of-the-box thinking, and goal orientated.
- You have significant experience managing a team of computational biologists or bioinformatics to deliver results
- You design fit for purpose experiments that enable decision making and lend themselves to scalability
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse and global group of scientists, research associates
If you are interested in the position, please apply via https://genmab.loop.jobs/job/Genmab-Princeton-New-Jersey/60464129