Senior Director & Head of Clinical Data Science
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.
As a Sr Director & Head of Clinical Data Science, you will work in multidisciplinary international team of world-class scientists and research associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of the antibody and oncology field with the goal to transform oncology by discovering and developing antibody therapeutics that serve cancer patients with unmet medical needs.
- You will lead the development and expansion of cutting-edge bioinformatics and computational tools and capabilities in partnership with the Genmab Clinical team
- You will enable the discovery of biomarkers of patient response, relapse, and resistance derived from low, medium or high-density data measurements in clinical trials by utilizing state of the art computational tools and approaches
- You will advise on the use of external public or private data to complement and provide added context to internally produced clinical data
- You will lead the design, expansion, and maintenance of internal pipelines for relevant computational analyses
- You strategically identify opportunities for improvement of analytical pipelines and data management tools that can enhance data analysis strategies in the clinical setting
- You will work seamlessly with colleagues from Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Biostatistics, etc… to bridge and integrate relevant data that inform the continued conviction in assets (Mechanisms of action, liabilities, biomarker plans, patient stratification, etc…)
- You will lead the strategy to establish and socialize intuitive data analysis and visualization tools with clinical, medical, and translational scientists
- You will work with the clinical operations and data management teams to establish, implement and execute acceptable QC/QA practices for all data generated
- You will manage projects, both in house as well as those outsourced to service providers
- You continue to stay up to date on the latest relevant scientific literature and translate your learnings into evolving best practices at Genmab
- You champion strategic relationships with leading external subject matter experts and commercial companies in data science (eg. Machine learning, artificial intelligence) to help advance and meet Genmab’s needs
- You report scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents and product-development reports.
Skills & Experience
- You hold a MS or PhD degree in immunology, biology, with a bioinformatics, computational biology background or vice versa.
- You have excellent knowledge and good understanding of bioinformatics, especially as applied to clinical research preferably in the oncology setting
- You have good programming skills (Perl, Java, Python, R, etc…) and are experienced in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as cloud services for storage and computing (AWS-S3, etc…)
- You have a deep knowledge and practical experiences with high density -omic data types and relevant external resources (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, flow cytometry, TCR sequencing, immune assays, etc…)
- Ability to implement/adopt new algorithms for data analysis
- You have worked with regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP when working with tools and databases.
- Working knowledge of commercial and public biological data bases including SRA, NCBI, Oncomine, DepMAP, TCGA, ClinVar/ClinGen, 1000 Genomes is expected
- Published in high quality journals, references, and external presentations.
- You have a ‘getting things done’ mentality, you are creative, pro-active, enthusiastic, out-of-the-box thinking and goal orientated.
- You have significant experience managing a projects to deliver results
- You design fit for purpose experiments that enable decision making and lend themselves to scalability
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse and global group of scientists, research associates
If you are interested in the position, please apply via https://genmab.loop.jobs/job/Genmab-NL-or-Princeton-NJ-/66933188