Sr. Staff Scientist, Precision Medicine (Immuno-Oncology)
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Clinical biomarker strategy scientist supporting a broad pipeline of early and late development biologic immuno-oncology programs, including novel immune modulators, bi-specific T-cell engager and combination therapies. Functional area lead within translational R&D and clinical development teams, responsible for the integrated strategy of biomarker discovery and implementation. Accountable for correlative datasets to demonstrate on-target biological activity, assess PK/PD relationship, optimal dose selection and biomarker-related label claims. Applies novel molecular and cellular biomarker technologies, including next generation sequencing, single cell analysis (scRNA/TCRseq, CITEseq, high dimensional flow cytometry) and multi-parameter spatial tissue profiling (multiplex IHC, RNAScope), in close collaboration with internal R&D, external academic groups and commercial laboratory vendors. Must be able to provide leadership in a complex matrix environment. Strong industry experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective presentation of complex scientific data to cross-functional and senior management teams are required. Research and/or translational development experience in oncology (solid or hematologic malignancy), clinical immunology or immune-oncology therapeutic areas highly preferred. Experience in translational biomarker data analysis and interpretation in collaboration with computational biology scientists desired.
• Develop, obtain management approval and implement precision medicine (biomarker) strategy as part of clinical development program and individual study plans.
• Core member of global clinical development program and study teams with functional area responsibility for development of clinical study protocols (biomarker objectives, endpoints, sample collection, procedures and patient consent forms), regulatory agency interactions and submissions.
• Provide cross-functional team leadership of internal clinical biomarker discovery platform development (laboratory assays, computational biology methods), in collaboration with Immuno-Oncology discovery research, Molecular Profiling and Regeneron Genetics Center teams.
• Develops strategy and leads academic and commercial partnerships in immuno-oncology translational science discovery in collaboration with R&D and clinical development groups.
• Represent Precision Medicine and Early Clinical Development on strategic Immuno-Oncology project teams.
• Internal strategic and scientific presentations to cross-functional stakeholders and senior management.
• Internal and external presentations, author conference presentations and publications of clinical translational studies.
• Evaluate and implement emerging biomarker assay technologies.
• Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree with post-doctoral experience
• 5-10 years pharmaceutical industry experience.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.