Program Manager, Development Project Management - Oncology
Summary: Using prior program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, the Manager Development PSO provides operational guidance to a project team and drives the assigned projects or programs to completion. Plans and manages project/program activities including the development and monitoring of budgets and timelines. Nurtures productive relationships with internal and external customers. Ensures quality and timeliness of deliverables for the program are met. Initiates and coordinates the decision-making and risk-management process. Trouble shoots and is proactive in dealing with vendor / collaborator issues.
• Functions as a liaison between functional areas in order to facilitate the advancement of cross-functional projects / programs through the pipeline. Provides support to a project team in assessing needs in order to achieve timeline, quality and budget goals.
• Creates and maintains project / program plans, timelines, agendas, budgets, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of deliverables for the project / program.
• Coordinates and facilitates communication between functional areas and academic collaborators, vendors or corporate partners, where applicable. Coordinates activities for writing data summaries or presentations for joint collaboration meetings, etc.
• Develops tracking tools and supports the maintenance and accuracy of the server environment for key deliverables and project / program dossier to improve tracking, planning and collaboration. If required, identifies additional solutions in order to improve information sharing processes.
• Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across functional areas within the project / program, serving as a primary point of contact among functional areas for project / program-related issues.
• Identifies and implements cross-project / program working / best practices in order to facilitate standardization and coordination across disciplines, functions and/or programs. Defines and oversees the creation and maintenance of databases / servers in order to improve efficiency within the PM department.
• Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet productivity and quality goals and objectives. Develops tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and problem solving with project and line managers. Defines and documents working / best practices that can be used across other projects.
• BS with 8+ years / MS or PhD with 5+ years of project management experience, preferably in the drug development / pharmaceutical industry. Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MS plus MBA) preferred.
• Solid practical working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts as they apply to the drug development / pharmaceutical industry in matrix environment.
• Applies technical expertise and may contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
• Core competencies: Action oriented and organized. Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members and resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy. Handles multiple projects and priorities with excellent organizational and time management skills (both project and self)
• Proficient in relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to general knowledge with shared work environments. Experience with Visio and Filemaker pro a plus.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.