Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Immuno-Oncology team at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as we make major advances in harnessing the power of the immune system to fight cancer. The successful candidate will develop and utilize in vivo mouse tumor models to characterize adoptive cellular therapies (CAR T cells) and immune cell-engaging bispecific antibodies. In addition, the candidate will support clinical development of these therapies and execute a variety of assays at the bench to investigate mechanisms of action, including flow cytometry, ELISA, and next-gen sequencing analyses. The candidate will also be responsible for identifying and validating novel targets (discovered by proteomic and in-silico approaches) for immunotherapy. Ideal candidates will possess a deep understanding of immunology principles, and extensive laboratory experience in cellular biology/immunology with a focus or experience on in vivo mouse modeling. The candidate must be a problem-solver, highly organized with an attention to detail, and must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with R&D management and frequently collaborate with colleagues on the Immuno-Oncology team.
• Planning and execution of in vivo tumor studies in immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice
• Tumor cell implantation and administration of therapeutics via subcutaneous, intravenous, and intraperitoneal routes into mice
• Dissection of mouse lymphoid organs and tumors, followed by in vitro processing/purification of tissues/cells
• Identification and validation of novel immunotherapeutic targets
• Perform multiparameter flow cytometry (FACS) and analysis
• Perform various immunoassay techniques (e.g., ELISAs and cell purification)
• Clearly communicate results to management and CAR-T cell collaborators
• Potentially manage Research Associates
This position requires a Ph.D. and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience (or 3 years of industry experience) working in the immunology and/or immuno-oncology fields, with a strong publication record. Additional requirements include:
• Extensive experience working with pre-clinical tumor models, including mouse handling, and tumor/therapeutic implantation/injection through all standard routes
• Ability to independently identify/validate novel targets, independently design and execute experiments, and communicate data in a clear and timely manner
• Expert in multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) analysis and ELISA assays
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and adapt experimental design based on emerging data.
• Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Prism), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.