Associate Dir, Field Medical Affairs, Oncology
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Medical Affairs at Regeneron
Our medical affairs physicians and scientists are experts on our medicines and form a valuable part of our global development organization. We serve as an important liaison between Regeneron and the scientific and healthcare community. Medical Affairs is organized in an optimally aligned matrix structure for delivery of therapeutic and functional area expertise.
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs engages in scientific exchange and collaborates with therapeutic area experts on disease and product information as well as research initiatives. This hire participates in the development and management of company sponsored and investigator-initiated studies. Additionally, presents scientific data, clinical data and disease state awareness in response to requests for information to diverse audiences (therapeutic area experts, practitioners, investigators, research coordinators, site personnel and internal stakeholders).
The Associate Director provides scientific and/or medical expertise by thoroughly understanding Oncology and serves as a scientific/medical resource. This is a field based position and requires work in a multifunctional, matrix organization and possibly partner companies.
• Identifies and maintains a list of relevant medical/therapeutic area experts, investigator targets and associated plans of action.
• Participates in the development and management of company sponsored clinical trials including:
o Review of concept proposals and development of protocols
o Identifies and assists in selection of investigators and trial sites
o Supports site initiation and enrollment activities
o Acts as a scientific resource for area healthcare professionals within the surrounding trial site community
o Collaborates with Clinical Development and other trial staff to execute plans and strategies established by Medical Affairs
• By establishing scientific relationship with investigators and internal Medical Affairs, supports investigator-initiated study (IIS) concept program.
• Identifies gaps in research needs of company and creates opportunities to fill those gaps by collaborating with potential and existing investigators and site personnel.
• Responds to requests for information related to study indications, disease state and therapeutic area, and presents/discusses scientific and clinical data to appropriate audience in a compliant manner.
• Performs disease management and therapeutic area education with identified practitioners, payers and researchers.
• Attends medical conferences to collect and report relevant, scientific, clinical, & competitive intelligence with the purpose of informing internal stakeholders.
• Assists with management of clinical data to ensure rapid and accurate communication of scientific/clinical results through support of abstract, poster, presentation, and manuscript development.
• Ensures company policies, procedures, principles and financial controls are maintained with integrity and professionalism is displayed internally and externally.
• Healthcare professionals (PhD, PharmD, MD or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) ) possessing therapeutic experience and/or trial recruitment experience.
• >5 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical industry or clinical setting such as drug information, disease management programs or clinical pharmacy/medicine.
• Strong communication skills
• Track record of working corroboratively and developing relationships in academic and clinical practice settings
• Experience working in a matrix organization
• Where relevant, experience working in partnership with another organization
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.