Scientist - Immuno-oncology Bioinformatics/ Data Science
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are seeking an innovative and collaborative bioinformatics/data scientist to help drive new initiatives in immuno-oncology related research and technology development at Regeneron. The scientist will work on implementing/developing state-of-the-art analysis, mining, and visualization techniques to deep dive into single cell and bulk sequencing data from pre-clinical experiments and clinical trials. The scientist will play an important role in the decision making processes involved in the drug discovery efforts at Regeneron and will support Regeneron’s external collaborations.
• The successful candidate will work with an innovation-focused and fast-paced collaborative team of scientists to answer complex biological questions in a data-driven manner. Primary responsibilities will be to:
• Analyze in-house single cell/bulk sequencing data from patient-derived T-cells and tumor cells, and develop interactive data visualizations.
• Develop machine learning prediction models leveraging in-house and public datasets.
• Generate hypothesis from multi-omics data and help guide experimental design to test the hypothesis.
• Discover and prioritize therapeutic targets through integrated analysis of in-house and public datasets.
• Implement high-throughput data analysis pipelines in a high-performance computing setup.
• Identify novel research problems and implement/develop tools to come up with clever and robust solutions.
• Communicate data to collaborators and senior management.
• A PhD with research experience in bioinformatics, data science, computational biology, biomedical informatics, or computer science. Postdoctoral experience is a plus, but not required.
• Proven track record of executing independent and collaborative computational projects involving biological data analysis and visualization.
• Experience in analyzing single-cell and bulk genomics data.
• Experience in building and applying machine learning algorithms.
• Basic knowledge of Immunology and Cancer Biology.
• Proficiency in R and Python.
• Familiarity with public biological databases.
• Team spirit is a must.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.