Director of Oncology Consumer Marketing
Are you an experienced Marketing Director seeking a challenging and rewarding career to shape and redefine expectations in cancer care?
As we look to redefine expectations in cancer care, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to help on this journey. Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn’t be clearer – we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!
Rooted on insights, the Director - Oncology Consumer Marketing will design the patient journey maps, develop/refine the patient-focused strategic plan, and develop and execute innovative patient-focused initiatives designed to bring value to the patient. This work will begin with supporting the patient focused activities surrounding GSK’s lead oncology product for the treatment of multiple myeloma.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the myeloma therapy area and market trends how patients are impacted
- Understand, design and develop the patient journey and segmentation, and execute on brand strategies
- Partner with GSK’s insights team to understand the voice of the patient and ensure that voice is rooted in all patient-focused activities
- Contribute to the development and execution of the patient-focused strategy within the annual brand plan
- Develop patient-focused unbranded and branded tools and programs (e.g., disease education information and materials provided to patient, patient support tools/programs to improve HCP and patient communication, branded patient education information and materials provided to patient)
- Develop unbranded and branded patient support websites (if applicable)
- Understand patient organization landscape and develop patient organization & advocacy strategy development in close partnership with Patient Advocacy/Patient Engagement Lead
- Map and understand influential online websites/blogs or other initiatives that provide patient information
- In partnership with the Oncology Digital Marketing Lead, develop digital strategy and initiatives that bring value to patients and the brand
- Collaborate on the end-to-end orchestration of search focused digital marketing campaigns (e.g. SEO, SEM) in partnership with the Oncology Digital Marketing Lead
- Partner with Insights & Analytics team to access and assess digital data and analytics
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop and integrate public relations patient strategies and programs
- Manage the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible external communications
- Foster strong partnerships with US and Global Insights, Market Access, Regulatory/Labelling, Medical Affairs, Legal, PR/Communications, and other functions in co-developing the patient/consumer strategy, to ensure aligned objectives and implementation across all functions
- Ensure appropriate market analysis and competitive benchmarking is conducted to inform of all patient/consumer marketing programs and tactics
- Manage budgets and closely monitor performance, ensuring cost effective delivery of all programs
- Track and monitor key patient-focused performance indicators
- Ensure that all marketing processes, documents and tactics are developed and implemented in accordance with GlaxoSmithKline compliance guidelines
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor Degree and 8 + years product/brand management experience including patient/consumer marketing, with particular emphasis on understanding of digital communication channels
- Oncology launch experience and a deep understanding of the US oncology landscape
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Strong interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Multiple myeloma experience
- Pharmaceutical launch experience
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives
- Strong communication skills and track record of effective presentations
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills and the ability to interact professionally
- Demonstrated ability to understand and anticipate customer needs (internal and/or external)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology regulatory environment and has proven track record of managing tactical design, messaging and execution
- Well-versed in core marketing principles and able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for the brand that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders.
- Sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
Why GSK? At GSK, we are committed in our pursuit to help people do more, feel better and live longer. To accomplish this vision, we start with understanding the patients, the disease and mechanistic ways these two interact. Through this understanding we attempt to identify unique and innovative approaches to fight for patients to ultimately reverse the course of disease. The medicines that emerge from this research come from some of the strongest and most passionate minds, enabling us to get one step closer on our pursuit. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.