MSL - Oncology (France)
Medical Affairs is a critical bridge between R&D and the commercial organization to ensure that our medicines reaches the appropriate patients. GSK has committed to building a new oncology business, with initial focus on selected EU markets. To this end, this is a critical role to ensure oncology resource and activities are aligned and deployed to business priorities in the EU region. Medical needs to build scientific expertise to provide greater insight and significant external presence to support entry in to the highly competitive Oncology space.
The Opportunity ...
The Oncology MSL will be responsible for identifying and developing a deep relationship with the top medical experts and community physicians in their responsible region, insight gathering, pipeline review with HCPs, identifying Investigators and sites for clinical trial participation, recruitment for clinical trials, attending all relevant congresses, organizing advisory boards, training and coaching other MSLs in the execution of field medical responsibilities. Following regulatory and corporate guidelines, as the Oncology MSL you'll ensure execution of activities in support of the functional and departmental program strategy. We'll rely on you to leverage your own strategic skills and understanding of GSK priorities/European Healthcare environment.
** We are hiring for multiple roles covering different regions across France **
Key Responsibilities ...
• Represent Management during field interactions with Health Care Professionals and support key opinion leader and advocate relationship development and maintenance within the region.
• Drive unwavering compliant work practices
• Support safe and appropriate use of research compounds and products
• Support clinical research programming across the continuum (Investigator sponsored research, Cooperative Group and Collaborator research, Company Sponsored trials)
• Serve as a scientific, clinical, and medical content expert
• Partner within all areas of GMA (e.g. Medical Directors, Medical Communications, Medical Information, Publications, Advocacy)
• Establish and maintain a compliant, supportive partnership with Regional Sales Directors and other counterparts within the Commercial organization
• Provide National Director with regular regional updates, based on output from direct report
• Manage all programs within their designated scope, schedule, and resources
• Potential to manage team of 2-3 direct reports
Given the complexity of the oncology landscape and the urgent need for treatment to reach patients, you should be able to demonstrate following:
• Develop and execute on strategies that shape the external environment without significant oversight and at a rapid pace.
• Work within matrix teams and have a strong ability to influence and align the team and strategy to seize the opportunities identified with external organizations.
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, and presentation skills
• Command respect among senior executives, both inside and outside GSK.
• Identify, consolidate and communicate key insights and subsequently contribute to the translation of these insights into executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies and plans that clearly define the value of our medicines / products to our customers.
Identify and engage the external community appropriately in robust scientific dialogue that generates insight and advances scientific and medical understanding as well as secure advice to inform the development of products of value, for the benefit of patients/ consumers
• Anticipate the changing healthcare, regulatory & competitive environment throughout the product lifespan; delivers innovative strategies to inform evidence-based prescribing/ usage within this environment e.g. new comparator or real world efficacy data.
• Understand the impact of new data on the value/positioning of products in guidelines/ formularies
• Accredited doctorate degree in a life-science or basic-science discipline (Pharm.D., D.Sc., D.N.P., Ph.D., or M.D./D.O.)
• Demonstrable experience and success in MSL organizations in therapeutic oncology
• Clear evidence of Oncology experience - preferably within last 2/3 years
• A demonstrated understanding of the European healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges
• Understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance; and a clear understanding of pharmaceutical compliance policies and procedures
• Basic financial and budget management
• Prior experience with commercial product launches.
• Prior experience with commercial and/or government payers.
• Prior experience and willingness to travel extensively and globally
• Expert public speaking and written communication skills.
• Values based collaborator – respectful and accountable.
• Able to relate and work with a wide range of people to achieve results.
• Successful and superior influencing skills across all levels of the organization and with external collaborators.
• Problem solving and risk-mitigation skills.
• Confident, positive attitude, enthusiastic and charismatic.
• Strategic and creative thinker.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Skilled in multiple computer-based tools, in addition to software programs such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Fluency in English and French
Our Commitment ...
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of a diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application !
More searches like this
- Breast Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in France
- Hematologic Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in France
- Immuno-Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in France
- Medical Oncology Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in France
- Melanoma Senior Medical Scientist and / or Liaison $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in France