Duke Health Seeks Oncology APP for Gibson Cancer Center, Lumberton NC
Gibson Cancer Center located in Lumberton, NC is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) for general oncology. Gibson Cancer Center is a Duke Health and Duke Cancer Network affiliate providing specialty services in hematology and medical oncology in an outpatient clinic setting.
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position, no weekends or holidays.
The APP will augment the physician's ability to provide oncology services to patients in outpatient setting and will collect and document data Hematology Oncology patients. Additional duties will include:
- Conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (lumbar puncture, intrathecal chemotherapy, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and bone marrow biopsies), order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations and provide direct patient care services.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the date in the patient's record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient. Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data for review by attending physician.
- May participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Review the work of designated employees; train new staff. Participate in teaching students and residents in techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
The position requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or PA Program at the Master’s level. Preference will be given to candidates with prior oncology experience.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.