Under the direction of the CEO, the NMOHC MO Physician is responsible for the medical management of patients.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide medical care to NMOHC patients
- Treat internal oncology disorders, identifying the oncology specific issues as needed.
- Prescribe or administer medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Provide and manage long-term, comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of diseases, for adult patients.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Make diagnoses when different illnesses occur together or in situations where the diagnosis may be obscure.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Coordinate patient care with Hospitalist, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, and other clinical staff.
- Respond to consult requests from Hospitalist and on call Medical Oncologist.
- Provide internal medicine or critical care services (to the extent Hospitalist is privileged) to NMOHC patients, and notifying the medical oncologist on call, or the attending medical oncologist
- Respond to hospitalist care of all ancillary services related to inpatient episode.
- Respond to hospitalist care of the discharge planning needs with the patient, patient’s family and the care manager/discharge planner
- Respond to hospitalist plan to insure continuity of care and appropriate follow-up care, including preparation of the discharge summary.
- Respond to hospitalists coordination of patient transfer to other hospitals as required and medically appropriate
- Respond to hospitalist requests regarding the care of NMOHC patient under care of hospitalist.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: MD/DO, BC or BE in Medical Oncology
Fundamental knowledge of PC based applications
Certificates & Licenses
New Mexico Medical License, DEA, New Mexico Board of Pharmacy