Associate Procurement Specialist
Associate Procurement Specialist
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Senior Procurement Specialist and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Responsible for the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Sources, prices and purchases low to medium value purchases.
- Assists with the processing of purchase orders, solicitation of vendors and reviewing requisitions for goods and services while ensuring the fair price and quality of purchased goods and services.
- Ensures purchasing policies are followed and purchases are documented accordingly.
- Updates all internal systems to reflect PO submittals and alternations.
- Confers with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determines corrective action.
- Recommends and implements cost reduction initiatives.
- Coordinates, follows up and expedites delivery requirements with suppliers and transportation carriers to ensure delivery requirement needs are met and requestors are kept updated.
- Works with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Sets up Vendor Accounts, net 30-day terms and initiates credit application process.
- Initiates RMA process, contacts vendors to coordinate product returns.
- Assists team in data collection on suppler performance and reports problem PO’s to Senior Procurement Specialist.
- Supports team in collating supplier samples from vendors and coordinates logistics for equipment demonstrations.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management, external partners and vendors.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or diploma in a business-related discipline and no previous professional experience.
- Working towards Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or APICs certification or in pursuit of a related designation, an asset.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented
- Basic knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures and strategies
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=175. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.