Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
Zymeworks is looking for an Executive Assistant who will be responsible for managing and maintaining senior executive’s schedules, coordinating and preparing for meetings, preparing and editing various correspondence, coordinating travel arrangements, assisting with budgeting and organizing departmental events. The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional who is confident, organized and a self-starter who excels in a high paced, rapidly changing environment while providing excellent customer service. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages and maintains executive’s schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel. Optimizes schedule for maximum efficiency, prioritizes appointments and proactively resolves schedule conflicts.
- Monitors and prioritizes contacts and electronic correspondence, including near term deliverables and appointments.
- Coordinates in-office meetings, prepares and circulates electronic and physical meeting materials and in conjunction with office management, arranges catering as required.
- Working closely with the CEO’s Executive Assistant, collects and prepares presentation materials for Board of Directors meetings and Board sub-committees and assists, as required, in the preparation Board of Directors meeting packages using BoardPad.
- Working closely with the CEO’s Executive Assistant, supports the scheduling and coordination of Board of Directors meetings, held on site and via teleconference.
- In conjunction with Investor Relations and other functional groups, coordinates logistics and materials for Annual and Special Meetings of the Shareholders.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Finance, Supply Chain, Investor Relations, IT and Compliance team members, as required. Manages domestic and international needs, including air and hotel reservations, agendas etc.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees, liaises with Office Manager to identify office/workspace allocation and set-up requirements and ensures workspace is equipped with appropriate reference materials and stationary supplies.
- Monitors expenses, generates purchase orders and completes expense claims and corporate credit card reconciliation as per the company guidelines and deadlines. Complies with organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Proactively looks for new ways to improve current processes and their continuous improvement/efficiency.
- Organizes/coordinates events within the department, in accordance with agreed logistics, scope, timelines and budget allocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in business, office administration, or a related program and a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and external associates.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills with a proactive, problem solving approach. Ability to function professionally and pleasantly during periods of high stress.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, sound judgement and discretion when handling issues of a difficult, sensitive or confidential nature.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements in multiple time-zones, and the willingness to support travel with availability outside local business hours.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Experience with Mac operating systems an asset.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and WebEx an asset.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=38 or visit www.zymeworks.com for further information.