Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Provides day-to-day paralegal and administrative support to employees in all aspects of the provision of immigration legal services and acts as point-person with immigration authorities.
- Coordinates, plans, drafts and submits a variety of Canadian and US immigration applications, support letters and other materials, including NAFTA work permits, intra-company transferee work permits, BOW permits, Provincial Nominee Program applications, Express Entry profiles, business visitor applications, TN, H1-B, L1 visas and OPT visa conversions, etc. Liaises with US and Canadian immigration counsel, as needed.
- Works closely with HR recruiters and proactively identifies immigration strategies in advance of employment offers being presented.
- Prepares, maintains and tracks secondment agreements for inter-office personnel.
- Collaborates with Payroll and Human Resources on the development, maintenance and execution of ‘gross-up’ agreements to offset tax obligations of personnel who travel frequently between offices.
- Tracks work permit expiry dates and relevant data, ensuring that time-sensitive issues are actioned in a timely manner and all deadlines are met throughout the immigration process.
- Maintains all documents and files related to immigration activities.
- Provides ongoing communication and guidance to employees throughout the immigration application process.
- Maintains knowledge of current US and Canadian immigration practices and legislation and actively participates in continuous improvement efforts.
- Assists Legal team with respect to non-immigration duties, as needed.
- Assists with the drafting of correspondence, corporate resolutions and various agreements, including confidentiality, consulting and master services agreements.
- Assists with the review of invoices from external counsel and maintains files with respect to such invoices.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or paralegal certificate from an accredited institution and a minimum of 2 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Member in good standing of ICCRC. Experience as a paralegal in the immigration and corporate law departments of a law firm or a corporation is an asset.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high-paced, fast-changing environment. Results oriented.
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian immigration processing categories and requirements. Exposure to and knowledge of US immigration requirements preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and organized manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=161. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.