Senior Project Manager (CMC)
Senior Project Manager (CMC)
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
About the Position
Zymeworks is looking for a highly motivated Senior Project Manager (CMC) who is a biopharma industry professional with experience in coordinating multiple complex CMC development plans. Candidates will have the ability to partner with the Project Lead and multiple cross-functional team members to execute integrated project plans. The Senior Project Manager will also be responsible for ensuring active communication of status, risk, risk management, and escalation of issue to stakeholders and management. This position will report to the Director of Project Management (Development Programs). This position will be based in Seattle, WA.
- Contributes to the strategic planning and direction of process development and manufacturing activities supporting development stage assets.
- Facilitates the CMC project-planning process with input from technical lead team members; drives execution and monitors progress.
- Leads the preparation of project budgets and facilitates appropriate review.
- Maintains high level and detailed timelines of the CMC project plan and ensures that the functional resources and timelines are aligned with overall development program timelines.
- Analyzes critical path, evaluates potential means to accelerate pace or mitigate identified risks and plans contingencies with input from various functions.
- Prepares project progress reports, identifies and anticipates issues associated with project timeline and/or budget.
- Creates communication plans, maintains open and proactive lines of communication with cross-functional and management stakeholders.
- Regularly interacts with functional areas beyond CMC, such as Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Technical Operations and Clinical
- Liaises with CMOs. Monitors and reports progress on SOWs; co-leads meetings; follows up on action items; organizes timely technical review of external meeting minutes.
- Prepares and maintains project dashboards; assists with compilation of data packages to support business development, licensing, and intellectual property activities.
- Prepares budgets and maintains forecasts.
- Ensures team members understand project objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines and tasks.
- Contribute to the best practices of project management to support the continued success and evolution of the department
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree and a minimum of 8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Broad pharmaceutical lifecycle management experience desirable. PMP certification preferred.
- Ability to lead through example and to establish an environment fostering effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment.
- Ability to refine project plan/timelines to meet critical milestones.
- Ability to manage resources (budget, personnel, time).
- Proven personnel management and mentorship skills.
- Strong oral, written and listening skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of PM software (MS Project or other gantting software).
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=155. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.