Manager, Business Operations
Manager, Business Operations
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Business Operations and will be based in Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA.
- Analyze situations and recommend decisions geared towards the company’s best interest. Use strong quantitative analytical skills to support decision making.
- Support the evaluation of existing cross-functional policies and guidelines and be involved in the development of new policies and guidelines for how to complete tasks; this will include ensuring that there is proper implementation and training to support changes.
- Provides project management support for cross-departmental projects that may be IT, Laboratory, HR etc. in nature. Drives project results in a timely manner.
- Takes complete ownership of projects from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, risks, issues, decisions, interdependences and milestones.
- Gathers and analyzes data related to facility operations and synthesizes findings to support strategic planning and help translate recommendations into results.
- Builds productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to influence and facilitate effective change.
- Supports the design and institution of standard operating procedures and quality controls for all business operational activities.
- May manage and/or mentor other team members. Ensures team members understand project objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines and tasks.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PMP certification is an asset.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to lead through example
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment
- Strong command of project management capabilities, including developing and managing timelines, budgets, and risks
- Demonstrates leadership skills with a successful track record of accomplishing high quality results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels and with a broad range skill sets
- Ability to effectively manage people that aren’t direct reports, utilizing good listening, motivation and communication skills
- Ability to see the bigger picture perspective
- Effective problem solver with the ability to both recognize and anticipate problems and connect groups together to solve problems as they arise
- Quick learner
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of PM software (MS Project or other Gantt software).
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=177. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.