Manager, Finance (Corporate Compliance)
Manager, Finance (Corporate Compliance)
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company. If you love learning about new processes and systems, thrive on details, enjoy working on a variety of projects with multiples cross functional teams, then this might be the opportunity you are looking for.
This position will report to the Director, Finance (Corporate Compliance) and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Provides management support to the Director, Finance (Corporate Compliance) in achieving tactical and strategic department and corporate wide goals/initiatives.
- Coordinates and conducts compliance assessments across functional groups, including matters related to internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure controls and procedures pursuant to National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109), Section 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) applicable across corporate verticals.
- Liaises with Information Technology & Systems team to collaborate on corporate compliance initiatives and rollouts by being an adviser on processes improvement initiatives, enhancing internal controls and development of policies and procedures.
- Participates in the documentation of policies, processes and procedures, including gap analysis, and assists in developing best-practices policies, harmonizes documentation standards across functions and develops/implements mitigation plans.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues. Provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar, future situations.
- Assists with enterprise risk assessments and supports cross functional departments in developing processes to track, monitor and report on key risks or opportunities.
- Leads and supports ad-hoc and or special projects requiring collaborations with cross functional teams, proactively identifying use of leading tools and techniques (such as data analysis using Tableau, MS Excel, frameworks and standards etc.) to complete the deliverables on time.
- Provides oversight and coaching to the internal and/or co-sourced resources on the direction of the plans, deliverables, quality of deliverables and confirming completion of deliverables.
- Establishes working practices to meet the quality requirements for documentation of assessments, reviews and any ad-hoc special projects.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends, regulatory and compliance requirements related to public company or leading practices in bio-tech industry.
- Provides regular reporting of status and findings to Director, Finance and key business stakeholders. Escalates matters requiring urgent and immediate action on a timely basis.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology (or a combination of fields) and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience including 2 years in a managerial role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA designation is preferred. CISA, CIA, CISM certifications would be an asset.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional teams at all levels and external partners
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented and disciplined in maintaining high quality of documentation standards
- Experience and deep understanding of NI 52-109/SOX requirements for public companies including understanding of business processes, financial and operational controls and ability to bring in practical insights with suggestions or recommendations
- Working knowledge and experience of internal controls framework for business processes (COSO 2013) and IT (ISO 27002, COBIT, ITIL)
- Experience with evaluation of IT general controls including system pre-and post implementation reviews. Knowledge of operating system, database management concepts, operations, design principles, and methodologies
- Able to think on your feet and being agile to keep up with company growth
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to compose effective communications, policies and procedures and training content. Strong editorial skills and a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Familiarity with biotechnology and pharmaceutical operational best practices would be considered a significant asset
- Strong cross collaboration-service orientation
- Sound reasoning skills with a proactive, problem-solving approach
- Proficiency with MS office, flow charting tools
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=174. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.