Manager, Office Services
Manager, Office Services
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Business Operations and will be based in Seattle, WA.
- Manages and coordinates the efficient operations of the Zymeworks Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Office Services function, developing and executing on plans to improve daily administrative operations and ensuring maximum productivity, operational excellence and efficiency.
- Ensures that office operations between Zymeworks Inc. and Zymeworks Biopharmaceuticals are streamlined by following the Office Manager Operations Manual and working closely with Manager, Office Services of Zymeworks Inc.
- Manages direct report(s). Monitors performance, encourages growth and facilitates the development of team members’ skills through training, mentorship opportunities and sharing of knowledge. Ensures adequate coverage for essential services adjusting for absences; monitors and establishes standards of work performance; organizes, schedules, assigns and reviews work—providing direction and technical guidance. Provides back-up relief for Seattle Office Services personnel, as necessary.
- Serves as a point of contact for internal office services inquiries. Develops, promotes and maintains effective communication, and positive working relationships in all internal and external interactions. Exercises considerable judgement when answering inquiries, conveying information, solving problems and directing people to the proper person or department for resolution of issues.
- Manages day-to-day operations of Seattle branch(es) including:
- Monitors, tracks and orders office supplies, stationary and lunchroom consumables.
- Maintains shared office spaces (ex. meeting rooms) in a clean and user friendly state.
- Organizes and supervises, as necessary, furniture and catering vendors, office janitorial services, off-site storage, building managers etc. as required.
- Manages, monitors and maintains employee services relating to transit passes, parking, travel accounts, and access cards.
- Tracks, analyses and proposes changes to seating arrangements to HR as required.
- Ensures facilities are maintained to a high standard of finish and arranges for repairs as required.
- Project manages Seattle-based corporate events and team building activities ensuring events are delivered efficiently, effectively and within budget. Develops Seattle based Social Committee and participates in corporate social committee when relevant, liaises with key stakeholders/vendors, completes site inspections and manages all components of event ensuring activities are executed professionally and proficiently. Solicits formal feedback from participants and incorporates recommendations, as appropriate, in future events to help ensure excellent employee engagement and quality delivery.
- Contributes Seattle based office expenses to the annual facilities’ budget. Projects funds needed for office equipment, materials, supplies, corporate events, renovations and general office services projects.
- Provides coordination and administrative support for ad hoc projects as requested, conducts research, compiles data and prepares special reports and other materials as requested.
- Manages the execution of all Seattle office renovations and upkeep from start to finish. As required, participates on project teams formed to address special projects including office moves and build-out of new facilities.
- Reviews, evaluates, develops and recommends procedures to improve operational efficiency of the Office Services department.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree and a minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and external associates.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate staff effectively and to promote a positive and respectful work environment. Previous experience monitoring performance and providing feedback.
- Excellent customer service skills with a proactive, problem solving approach. Ability to function professionally and pleasantly during periods of high stress.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=176. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.