Associate Clinical Director (NP or PA)
Join a team of oncology physicians and nurse practitioners on our Research Oncology team. The RO team provides clinical and research leadership both within and outside Flatiron. The team works on a day-to-day basis to ensure quality and translate real-world data into insights that benefit cancer patients. This includes input into how data sets are developed and used, thinking about scientific problem sets and their interpretation, and working collaboratively to move Real World Evidence forward.
The Associate Clinical Director will be responsible for working with our Research teams to ensure that we are building clinically accurate research solutions. The successful candidate will work together with our Research Oncologists, Clinical Data, Execution, Product, Quantitative Sciences, Engineering and other teams to answer clinical questions, advise on quality assurance activities and provide clinical education support. He/she will be an active member of our Flatiron Research organization and enjoy the fun of being a part of a large and growing team that seeks to transform the research and practice of oncology.
- Support the development of Flatiron Research products and day-to-day clinical support for the Research organization by providing clinical advice, answering clinical questions, advising on quality assurance activities and providing clinical education support.
- Provide feedback on policies and procedures that dictate the data abstraction process across multiple oncology therapeutic areas and tumor types.
- Develop clinical education modules to support the education needs of various Research teams, including online disease-based modules for our large network of clinical data abstractors.
- Keep our Research teams abreast of new drug developments and how they impact our products and our customers.
- Support project scoping across our various Research products through understanding client needs and their clinical implications.
- Provide clinical support to cross-functional teams to optimize data quality.
- Support development of Flatiron presentations and publications.
- Be a member of the broader Oncology team, including being a clinical resource for all Flatiron employees.
- A clinically relevant degree as a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant
- A background and recent experience in an oncology/hematology clinical care setting
- Broad oncology clinical knowledge and an understanding of evolving standards of care, including new cancer therapies and biomarkers
- Comfort in answering clinical questions in a way that is understandable to non-clinicians, and ability to find answers to more complex questions
- Excellent technology skills (includes adeptness with oncology-specific electronic medical records)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate clinical issues effectively with a diverse team of software engineers, product managers, and other technical staff
- Thrive in a collaborative, interprofessional, and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated and autonomous, and an ability to prioritize
- Expertise in a specific disease area, be it solid or liquid tumors.
- Experience in writing for publication
- Clinical research/clinical trial experience
More searches like this
- Clinical Trials Research Physician Assistant jobs in New York City
- Hematologic Oncology Physician Assistant jobs in New York City
- Medical Oncology Physician Assistant jobs in New York City
- Multispecialty Physician Assistant jobs in New York City
- Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant jobs in New York City