Medical Director of Hematology/Oncology
Winchester Director of Hematology/Oncology
BOSTON AREA: Winchester Hospital, a member of Lahey Health, is currently seeking a board certified Medical Director of Hematology/Oncology at the Winchester Hospital Center for Cancer Care. This physician leader will create a programmatic alignment and standardization in practice for providers in Hematology Oncology. The Medical Director of Hematology Oncology will also provide leadership for the Winchester cancer program within the Lahey Health Cancer Institute.
About the Position:
- The Medical Director will provide leadership and guidance to the Center for Cancer Care to assist the program in meeting its short-term and long-term goals and continuing to operate and improve financial and quality performance.
- Provide clinical and administrative insight to assist the leadership team in meeting Quality of Care standards throughout the system.
- Provide clinical and operational insight into performance improvement efforts.
- Collaborate in eOAR and other quality, safety and/or efficiency initiatives, acting as the liaison with the other providers and encouraging provider compliance and commitment to the initiatives.
- Provide oversight in the EHR Care plan development and review based on NCCN guidelines.
- Attend Tumor Boards and facilitate collaborative discussions. Facilitate multidisciplinary treatment models and collaborate with the Chief of Medical Oncology at Winchester Hospital.
- Attend Grand Rounds at Winchester Hospital, and ensure participation of other medical oncologists and hematologists.
- Facilitate oncology disease specific sub-specialization.
- Facilitate the initiation and subsequent growth of a clinical research program in the Center for Cancer Care.
- Assist Center for Cancer Care and Hospital senior and medical leadership in marketing and growing the Oncology Service Line.
- Work collaboratively with other Medical Director leaders within the Lahey Health Cancer Institute across sites of service for the CMS Oncology Care Model Demonstration project.
- Work collaboratively with MOSAIQ/EPIC Reporting team and the OCM collaborative team to design operational and outcome reports.
- Provide leadership to the provider group, resolving conflicts and campaigning to create inter-collegial relationships among the provider peers.
- Will provide clinical hours in medical oncology for direct patient care and participate in the unassigned coverage schedule.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package, including Health and vacation.