University of Minnesota Health - Cancer Care
University of Minnesota Health - Cancer Care is seeking a Medical Oncologist/Hematologist. Join a community practice in our South Region at our cancer clinics located in Burnsville and Edina, MN.
University of Minnesota Health - Cancer Care is a specialized team of doctors, nurses and health care professionals committed to providing life-saving care to people with cancer. Our cancer specialists and their teams work together to develop new and better ways to treat cancer, so patients can live their lives cancer free. Our oncologists provide state-of-the-art solutions for the treatment of cancer and blood disorders and are active researchers at the University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center, which is one of only 41 comprehensive care centers that are designated by the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute. Our oncologists bring personalized treatment and leading-edge clinical trials from the University of Minnesota to patients in the growing, active communities that Fairview serves. The vision of this partnership is to be recognized as a national leader in patient-centered cancer treatment and cancer research.
- We welcome physicians with special interests in the management of oncologic issues such as but not limited to: Breast cancer, colon cancer, lung and esophageal cancer, leukemia and lymphoma, prostate cancer and gynecologic cancer.
- Physician will have the ability to develop a practice as a general hematologist and oncologist and maintain a special area of interest.
- Affiliated with the University of Minnesota, our community clinics provide exceptional, patient-centered care along with the ability to participate in leading-edge clinical trials.
- 1.0 FTE – 4 days of clinic and one day of administrative work.
- Full-time practice location will be at both University of Minnesota Health Ridges Cancer Clinic and Southdale Cancer Clinics, including inpatient rounding responsibilities at both Fairview Ridges and Fairview Southdale Hospitals as proportionate to FTE.
- Income Details: Initial market competitive salary guarantee with ability to exceed on production compensation program.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Oncology/Hematology fellowship training program.
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the America Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Edina, Minnesota is conveniently located in the vibrant Southwest suburb of Minneapolis. Less than 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, Edina is nationally recognized for K-12 education, high standards of living and quality of life. Edina offers exceptional, upscale dining and shopping experiences, recreational opportunities--including 39 parks and several golf courses--and diversions for every taste and lifestyle.
Conveniently located between two major highways and 15 minutes southwest of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, Burnsville, Minnesota is located in the heart of the Minnesota Valley region of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. The city is a thriving residential and business community with more than 2,200 businesses. More than 3,000 acres of parks and wildlife refuge lands offer unlimited recreational opportunities and easy access to the Minnesota Zoological Gardens, Valleyfair Amusement Park, Mystic Lake Casino, the Renaissance Festival, and the Mall of America provide endless entertainment opportunities.
For additional information, contact:
Tracy Albers, Recruiter