Medical Oncology Physician Program Director
4 days left
- Full Time
BEAUTIFUL, COASTAL VIRGINIA
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
PRACTICE OPPORTUNITY: Newport News
The Medical Oncology Physician Program Director will lead the Peninsula Cancer Institute group (comprised of all 16 medical oncologist and 5 NPs in 6 offices employed by Riverside Medical Group) to advance our program clinically and programmatically across our entire cancer network of clinics. The Director will work collaboratively with all members of the cancer team and all members of the Riverside Health System team to advance patient care. The Physician Program Director will continue active medical practice, devoting approximately 60% of his/her time to full-time clinic work hours and 40% to the strategic, clinical effectiveness, research, service, financial and physician and non-physician provider oversight. responsibilities outlined below.
Training and Experience Required
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology specialties.
- Ten or more years of experience, with the most recent three or more years in a leadership/senior partner role.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in moving cancer programs to excellence on multiple initiatives over time.
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC, and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 650+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations−Riverside Health System.Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System recently celebrated its 100th birthday and employs over 10,000 team members. The flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia−a newly renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital that also supports three residency programs. Our system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to our ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
For more information, please contact:
Apply for Medical Oncology Physician Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly