AstraZeneca Clinical Education and Research Scholars (ACERS)
- Full Time
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by science, united by science, and every day, we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
If you’re inspired by science and how clinical development can transform care, then this is the right program for you.
At AstraZeneca we are building upon our strong biologics platform to bring solutions to patients. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health and help fight and cure disease. As part of the selected cohort of Scholars in Oncology R&D, you’ll have an opportunity to learn from a diverse group of experts across the drug development continuum and play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
AstraZeneca has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
This is a unique opportunity to join AstraZeneca at a time of tremendous growth and acceleration in the oncology biologics portfolio. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where, with increasing levels of responsibility, you will have a structured learning plan in the following domains:
In addition, you will participate in weekly clinical and scientific meetings related to your project, participating in AstraZeneca training programs through the course of the program, and participate in internal and external AstraZeneca and scientific meetings.
You will serve as the lead for a longitudinal medical project. Specific duties and major responsibilities for the longitudinal medical project may include any of the following: Serve as medical monitor with primary responsibility for patient safety and conduct of assigned trials as well as overall data interpretation and safety surveillance; Establish and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of applicable clinical protocols, data collection systems, and final reports; Responsible for assisting in design of clinical development plans and overall strategy for compounds, therapeutic classes of compounds or indications in light of developments in the area of clinical and pharmaceutical oncology; Collaborate with pre-clinical and translational sciences, and senior management in assessing requirements for emerging products; Participate in the selection and management activities of CROs; Supervise project team members in planning, conducting and evaluating clinical trials; Oversee planning and management of investigator meetings, advisory boards and other scientific committees.
You will work in a cross functional environment with representatives from other involved line functions as well as Late-Stage Development. You will contribute to and support Department/Clinical initiatives to improve the quality and content of all clinical programs as well as the cross functional/organization processes designed to effectively deliver our R&D portfolio.
Scholars will also conduct a research project linked to their medical project and will be asked to present their data to an internal peer review group along with publishing their research in peer-reviewed publication and presenting at key scientific meetings.
You are a well-trained clinician with strong leadership skills who is driven by science and the desire to develop novel therapies for cancer patients and have the opportunity for growth and development while working in a vibrant environment and “biotech” culture. Additionally, you have a clear understanding of the drug development process (especially early phase clinical trials), protocol writing & study conduct, data review and reconciliation, the principles of translational medicine, and what it takes to lead teams successfully.
- MD or equivalent required; ideally board certified (or eligible) preferred in Oncology or Hematology/Onc.
- Experience in molecular oncology and/or translational science
- Medical specialty and sub-specialty training and Board Certification
- Excellent oral and written skills, strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Results driven to achieve creative and sound outcomes
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions; agile in learning and action oriented
- High level of emotional intelligence; able to deal with ambiguity
- Able to relate to varied level audiences across the organization; able to set priorities for team and maintain accountability; skillful in negotiating organizational boundaries and hierarchy; able to build effective teams
The academic program has flexible start dates, final timing is dependent upon nature of the medical and research project. Please note this is a two-year rotational program followed by a permanent assignment within one of the Clinical Development groups.
More searches like this
- Breast Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Clinical Research Oncology Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Clinical Trials Research Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Gastrointestinal Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Gynecologic Oncology Physician-Scientist $200,000 - $299,999 jobs in United Kingdom