Director, Office of Research Nursing
- Full Time
Be a leader in our mission to solve the most important, challenging and neglected problems in modern cancer research and patient care. The National Cancer Institute’s Center for Cancer Research (CCR) is a world-leading cancer research organization working toward clinically impactful breakthroughs at medicine’s cutting edge. Our physicians, basic scientists, research nurses and clinical support staff work together in teams to translate laboratory discoveries into patient-centric clinical research at what patients call “the house of hope.”
The Director, Office of Research Nursing, leads a staff of over 80 research nurses in support of the largest clinical research program at NIH. The position requires extensive experience in clinical research, excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills, sensitivity to the multicultural and socioeconomic impacts on research subjects as well as on the health care system at large, and a reliance on professional standards of practice. The incumbent contributes to the overall goals and mission of CCR, and actively participates in initiatives for the quality improvement of data systems and procedures and continuing education and systems design toward serving as a national model for carrying out clinical research and ensuring patient safety. The ideal candidate has a team-focused sense of the mission of the clinical research program, and is supportive of approaches that are collaborative, multidisciplinary, innovative, and promote a sense of value for personnel and program commitments.
The selected candidate will be responsible for: supervision, including mentoring, performance evaluation and training; workload assessment and staff assignments, recruitment and administrative oversight of staff; development and implementation of policies and procedures, including competencies for improved efficiency and effectiveness; communication, including scheduling and conducting staff meetings; and partnering with other key stakeholders within and outside CCR.
To meet the minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must have:
- 5-10 years of supervisory and program management experience;
- Experience with clinical trials or pharmaceutical projects, protocol implementation preferred;
- Recent oncology nursing experience;
- A degree from a professional nursing program approved by a legally designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed;
- A current license as a registered nurse (RN);
- Current CPR training.
Interested minimally qualified candidates may submit a resume and a cover letter of interest addressed to Cheryl Royce, Deputy Clinical Director, Office of the Clinical Director, CCR, NCI at NCIClinOncJobOpp@mail.nih.gov. Positions will be filled through a competitive, merit-based process.
NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.
Apply for Director, Office of Research Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Clinical Research Oncology Registered Nurse $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Clinical Trials Research Registered Nurse $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Nursing Registered Nurse $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Washington D.C.
- Oncology Administration Registered Nurse $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in Washington D.C.