Medical/Clinical Development Scientist (Early/Late Oncology)
6 days left
- Full Time
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by science, united by science, and every day, we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and commit real resources to make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicine is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Big success can come from seeing potential in something small. We empower our people to seek these out, and we support them to pursue the opportunities they find !
Our strategy and ability to transform our portfolio means we have a pipeline that presents incredible opportunities to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We transform clinical concepts into medicines that deliver patient health benefits.
Faced with sophisticated disease challenges, we’re passionate about outstanding performance to transform molecules into medicines that change lives. We are responsible for enabling the business to make pipeline and investment decisions, to ensure they select the right molecules to progress and to seize the right lifecycle management opportunities – generating the data required to drive regulatory submissions for new medicines and expanded indications and generating the evidence that shows their true value !
This is an exciting period for us, as well as for those poised to join us. We are looking for established scientists who wish to broaden their roles. As a Medical Scientist you will have a role in developing new registration-focused trials. You will be working independently with mentorship in only the most complex situations and be a close partner to the physician on the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Key relationships internally with clinical project teams, and externally with regulatory bodies and external service providers.
- You will ensure there is adequate input into the drug development process from specialists in each of the various areas of drug development, or provide input into one or more of these areas as a technical specialist.
- You will develop and design studies to settle scientific and clinical viability of a particular drug or portfolio of drugs and interpret the results of these studies, either as the head of a team, or by providing experienced input.
- You will participate in protocol design, writing and Implementation to meet GCP, ICH and all AZ quality standards.
- You will lead cross functional projects to ensure the successful passage of drugs through all phases of the drug development process, or contribute to one or more elements of such a project as a technical specialist.
- You will review and interpret medical data and clinical trial data and come up with conclusions
- You will also have responsibility for delivery of pieces of the trials and may lead submissions from a process standpoint.
- PhD in a scientific field, PharmD or MD is strongly preferred, candidates with significant relevant drug development experience will be considered
- Oncology clinical trials experience
- Experience managing and interpreting the results of clinical trials as well as exposure to writing protocols
- Good analytical skills
- Experience of authoring scientific documents
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Sufficient technical and disease area knowledge to be able to interact with confidence with internal and external partners
More searches like this
- Breast Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Clinical Trials Research Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Gastrointestinal Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Head and Neck Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Immuno-Oncology Physician-Scientist $100,000 - $199,999 jobs in United Kingdom