Busy Cancer Center Surrounded by State/National Parks in WV
- Full Time
There is an excellent opportunity for a BC/BE Hematologist/Oncologist to join a private medical oncology group and provide outstanding care to the Beckley, West Virginia community.
- See patients in the office, in the hospital, and will be required to take call every third weekend
- The Carl Larson Cancer Center is a busy center that offers a full range of cancer treatment services from diagnostic imaging and clinical laboratory services to cancer treatment with chemotherapy and radiation therapy all at a single site
- The cancer center currently consists of two other Hematology/Oncologists, one Radiation Oncologist, six nurse practitioners, and a physicist
- The center also has a laboratory, full-time onsite pharmacist, CT scanning imagery, digital x-ray, mammography and bone density scans
- The group is offering a competitive compensation package that will include a partnership track after one year
Raleigh General Hospital
Nearly surrounded by state and national parks, including the New River Gorge National River, the city of Beckley is nestled in a beautiful mountain setting. Raleigh General Hospital has served the city of Beckley and the surrounding counties since 1921 and is southern West Virginia’s leading medical center. The hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services at its acute care facility and physician practices.
Beckley is the largest city in southern West Virginia and lies where interstates I-77 and I-64 converge, with the U.S. Route 19 (US-19) expressway also serving the area. It is a regional hub for retail, finance and medical services and is home Tamarack, the state’s premier showcase for fine arts, handcrafts and Appalachian cuisine. The Appalachian Festival takes place over four days each August. The Cliffside Amphitheater at Grandview produces two acclaimed outdoor dramas, Honey in the Rock and The Hatfields and McCoys.
Wild, wonderful West Virginia is a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast. New River Gorge, the state’s most popular outdoor recreation destination, is located just minutes from Beckley and features the New River Gorge Bridge, the world’s longest single arch steel span bridge and the second highest bridge in the U.S. The region also doubles as a skier’s wonderland. Winterplace Ski Resort features 27 trails alone. Golfers can tee off at 17 courses within an hour’s drive, including three at the world-famous Greenbier. Other popular area pursuits include rock climbing, whitewater rafting, hunting and hiking. And one of the largest limestone regions in the east attracts caving aficionados from across the country.
Apply for Busy Cancer Center Surrounded by State/National Parks in WV
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly