Hematology/Oncology Physician, 1.0 FTE - Tacoma and Silverdale, WA
2 days left
- Full Time
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group- is seeking a Full Time 1.0 FTE Hematology/Oncology Physician to join our Olympia Medical Center team in Olympia, Washington.
At Kaiser Permanente - Washington Medical Group (KP-WPMG) our Integrated Healthcare Model allows you to work closely with your colleagues and other specialists to put your patient’s interest and care first. Here you will work with the power of collective and institutional knowledge that enables you to build the right plan of treatment for your patient.
As a general practice Hematologist and Oncologist at KP-WPMG you will have the ability to …
- Interact formally and informally with colleagues and specialists to share knowledge, discuss ideas, and formulate treatments that best suit your patient’s needs;
- Work within a model that has eliminated the insurance roadblocks and access issues that prevents you from having enough time to get to know, understand and care for your patients; and
- Operate within a multispecialty medical center that provides the power of coordinated care for your patients – including easy to navigate, one-stop facilities that offer a full spectrum of services.
As part of the KP-WPMG family here are just some of the benefits you will receive:
- Opportunity to become a Shareholder after only 3 years;
- Competitive Salary Model-free from the pressures of fee for service;
- Not having to worry about finding patients;
- Focusing more of your time on your patients and their care vs. billing;
- Full Medical Malpractice Coverage;
- Robust CME benefits within a culture that values continual professional development;
- Career opportunities that include medical, operational and other leadership roles;
- A wellness culture that empowers you to make smart work-life balance decisions; and
- A full host of additional benefits and perks.
- At your clinic, you will be part of a team of talented Physicians, a Nurse Practitioner, and a highly-skilled, motivated support team.
Benefits include: Full malpractice indemnification (including tail coverage), medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) & employer-paid retirement contributions, paid vacation, CME, long-term disability, long-term care benefits, and the ability to become a shareholder in our group practice.
Olympia, with a population of 46,478, is the capital of Washington State. Economically fueled by state government, Olympia enjoys the benefits of a stable work force, engaged and educated community, and well-supported school system. Historic downtown Olympia offers a variety of eclectic shopping and dining experiences, while Olympia's westside is a regional shopping destination at numerous national brand stores and the auto mall. Olympia's strategic geographic location along Interstate 5 at the gateway to the Olympic Peninsula, puts one within two hours or less of regional recreational attractions - from hiking and skiing in the mountains to beachcombing along ocean shores.
Silverdale, with a population of 19,204, is located on the Kitsap Peninsula, situated ten miles northwest of the city of Bremerton and nine miles south of Poulsbo. The community lies at the north tip of Dyes Inlet, which connects it to Bremerton via Sinclair Inlet and the Pacific Ocean via Puget Sound. Silverdale offers scenic trails, award winning breweries, and beachfront properties with attractive views of Dyes Inlet, Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and stunning sunsets. The easy beach access offers opportunities for outdoor recreation and the hundreds of shops, malls and movie theater complexes offer plenty of indoor activities too. With great schools, it’s central location, and quiet beauty, the Silverdale community is a great place to live and raise a family.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State’s richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients—the heart of everything we do—first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
- Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
- Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
- Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other—with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Qualifications Education Required
Medical Degree MD/DO
All applicants must have an unrestricted Washington State Medical License and Federally Issued DEA license.
Must be Board Certified in Hematology & Oncology.
All applicants must possess a full range of clinical skills and an interest in working with an innovative group practice.
Licenses & Certifications Required
Washington Medical Lic