Breast Surgery Medical Director Opportunity - Louisville KY
Baptist Health Medical Group has an exciting opportunity for a Board Certified and Fellowship trained Breast Surgeon to join our team in a medical director leadership role in Louisville, Kentucky.
Currently there are two fellowship trained breast surgeons and several general surgeons focusing in breast. Baptist Health Louisville has a breast specific tumor board and multi-disciplinary clinic; consisting of medical and radiation oncologists, two dedicated breast imagers, plastic surgeons, and a breast pathologist in addition to our outstanding surgeons.
Baptist has achieved NAPBC accreditation for providing quality multi-disciplinary care.
- Collaborate with Baptist Health Medical Group physician leadership, hospital leadership and Baptist Health oncology system service line leadership to develop measurable strategic goals and objectives for the breast program.
- Ensure that high quality and consistent clinical and administrative practices are developed, implemented and maintained for the breast program based on best practice outcome measures, established benchmarks, quality and volume results, care management initiatives, productivity standards and safety standards.
- Develop and implement systems and processes that ensure the highest quality of care and patient safety with evidence-based medicine standards.
- Provides medical direction for all services associated with the breast health programs and services, emphasizing cost effective, high quality care delivery, clinical research, and service excellence.
- Facilitate an environment reliant on data driven quality improvement processes to achieve exceptional clinical quality outcomes.
- Actively participate and provide leadership for clinical research on behalf of the breast program.
- Participate in the system service line council and co-chair a breast cancer quality subcommittee on behalf of the Baptist Health cancer service line.
- Assist in the development and ongoing support of the multidisciplinary breast cancer clinic, serving as the physician champion across all specialties.
- In conjunction with the medical group leadership and physician recruitment services, assists with recruitment of physicians required to support the breast program. Work collaboratively with BHMG physician recruiting team to facilitate high performing physician recruiting and selection process.
- Facilitate and further develop strong collaborative and positive, mutually supported relationships between the physicians, clinical staff and administration in order to enhance physician and staff engagement to improve clinical quality, patient experience and long-term strategic goals.
- Engage in the community as a physician leader of Baptist Health through public speaking event, presentations, etc.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of teamwork, collaboration and mutual trust among physicians and Baptist administration. Unifies and aligns Baptist Health Medical Group (BHMG) physicians and the non-BHMG physicians whose patients receive breast cancer services in the region.
- M.D or D.O. with board certification in oncology or oncology specialty
- Licensed to practice Medicine in the State of Kentucky and or the State of Indiana
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and the ability to work effectively and collegially with clinical and non-clinical staff to move others to action and model the vision and values of the organization.
- Minimum of five years of related medical experience.
- Demonstrated competence in his/her field of practice.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Medical staff leadership experience.
- Training in clinical quality improvement.
- Experience working in an integrated healthcare system.
For more information please contact:
Garry L. Weston, MBA, FASPR
Senior System Manager, Physician Sourcing and Talent Acquisition
firstname.lastname@example.org 859.260.5332 Office
Apply for Breast Surgery Medical Director Opportunity - Louisville KY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly