Director of Cancer Experimental Therapeutics- Tufts Medical Center- Boston, MA
The Tufts Cancer Center and the Division of Hematology Oncology in the Department of Medicine at Tufts Medical Center seeks an exceptional candidate for the role of Director of Cancer Experimental Therapeutics. This position involves leadership of the cancer clinical trials enterprise and clinical practice in an area of medical oncology. The ideal candidate will have a leadership role within the Tufts Cancer Center and will work closely with the Director of the Cancer Center in development and implementation of Cancer Center research goals. Expected academic rank is at Associate or Full Professor, commensurate with experience. Components of the position include:
- Development, oversight, and expansion of the Tufts cancer research program
- Mentorship of junior faculty and fellows within the Division of Hematology Oncology and across the Tufts Cancer Center
- Effective collaboration with the Tufts Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute and network affiliates
- Productive outreach to industry and academic partners in cancer clinical trials development
- Design, implementation, and conduct of cancer clinical trials, including first-in-human and Phase I trials, and demonstrated team leadership in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Development and expansion of the Tufts clinical cancer research program across the Wellforce network and affiliate sites
The Division is noted for distinction in clinical care, research, teaching, and high-value care, along with fostering faculty development. The Tufts Cancer Center is dedicated to people-centered focus in delivering cutting-edge cancer care, and serves as the academic Cancer Center anchor for the Wellforce network. Faculty members are actively supported in pursuing the outstanding opportunities for collaborative academic work that span the academic spectrum across the campus, including the Medical, Dental, Veterinary, Graduate, and Nutrition schools at Tufts University, the Tufts CTSI, the regional Wellforce network, and external affiliates and partners.
Tufts Medical Center is an exceptional, not-for-profit, 415-bed academic medical center that is home to both a full-service hospital for adults and Floating Hospital for Children. Conveniently located in downtown Boston and embedded within the Tufts University Health Sciences campus, the Medical Center is the principal teaching hospital for the Tufts University School of Medicine. Floating Hospital for Children is the full-service children's hospital of Tufts Medical Center and the principal pediatric teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package, and a generous employer retirement plan contribution.
Interested candidate please send your confidential CV to:
Physician Recruitment Supervisor
Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization
800 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization is an EEO/AA employer.