Director Of GI Oncology: Transformational Leadership Opportunity With Freestanding Cancer Hospital
3 days left
- Full Time
University Hospitals, one of the nation’s leading healthcare systems, is seeking a nationally/internationally recognized solid tumor oncologist to serve as Director of GI Oncology. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and visionary leader to join UH/Seidman Cancer Center, a free-standing cancer hospital and an integral part of the NCI-designated Case Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Transformational leadership role - help define and build a strategic plan to evolve cancer care and the application of ground breaking research in our diverse patient population.
- Lead an accomplished multidisciplinary disease team and oversee all aspects of the tripartite mission as it relates to GI Oncology.
- Work closely with world-class scientists on the GI SPORE at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center - and develop programs to take that science to the bedside.
- The members of the GI program have significant extramural funding including a GI SPORE, Stand Up to Cancer Dream Team grant, BETRNET grant, as well as numerous R01’s, R21’s and foundation grants.
- UH/Seidman Cancer Center has an extremely productive Clinical Trials Unit (CTU), state of the art phase I clinical research program, and a newly created immune oncology center with the ability to do in-house cell therapy in a 6,000 sq. ft. facility with six iso-7 clean rooms currently used in 17 cell therapy based clinical trials and novel Car-T therapies.
- Startup package and named endowed research chair/professorship available to provide the successful candidate substantial support.
- Academic appointment with Case Western Reserve University.
Located along beautiful Lake Erie and filled with wonderful opportunities for families and individuals alike, Cleveland is a perfect place to call home. As a resident, you’ll have access to all you need and more.
COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS—CLEVELAND, OHIO
- A culturally rich and diverse community offering immediate big-city amenities, including an international airport and an array of shopping, dining, entertainment, and professional sports teams.
- A thriving arts scene includes a world-renowned museum of art, the largest performing arts center outside of New York, and one of the top five orchestras in the world.
- An abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, lakefront activities, and golfing.
- Housing is available in urban or suburban locations with multiple independent schools and highly ranked public schools, including a challenging international baccalaureate program.
For immediate consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Kendra Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference GIO-130426
Apply for Director Of GI Oncology: Transformational Leadership Opportunity With Freestanding Cancer Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly