Medical Director (100% Virtual)
What You’ll Do:
As a Medical Director you will lead and oversee clinical strategy and direction, reporting in to the Vice President of Clinical Strategy. You will play a critical role in the development of the clinical strategic vision for our client’s products from early development to commercialization. You also will be responsible to support business development and improvement in alignment with our goals.
A Day in the Life:
A Medical Director includes a variety responsibilities including clinical oversight of project development, ensuring strategic planning and the implementation and alignment with client objectives. Your medical communications expertise will be a key strength in this role, as well as your clinical expertise to oversee our Clinical Trial Optimization program.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Serve as a key strategy resource for both internal and client teams
- Support our ongoing and growing CTO efforts
- Translate the unique value of our client’s products into clinically relevant communications
- Attend conferences/symposia and client meetings and provide expert moderation and facilitation between KOLs, clients, attendees and team members
- Develop departmental guidelines and procedures
- Participate in new business development activities by attending client presentations
What You Must Have:
- Advanced degree in science; MD or DO in Oncology
- Medical communications agency and/or pharma experience or experienced oncology clinician with strong familiarity and experience in healthcare communications strategy and offerings
- Relevant cancer clinical trial experience
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotech industries and scientific communications
- Strong understanding of a variety of scientific communications deliverables
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, set goals and objectives, organize other people and other tasks
- Travel within the US and internationally as necessary, based on project, sponsor and organizational needs (<30% travel expected)
What You Might Have:
- At least one year of recent experience as the point of contact for high-profile client and faculty
- Led or managed a team of at least 3 direct reports preferred
- Familiarity with Endnote or other reference management software and publication database
- Highly Proficient with the following computer programs and systems: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe, WebEx (or other similar systems), cloud-based file servers, calendars, messaging systems and work management tools preferred
The Team You’ll Work Closest With:
You will work directly with the Scientific Communications Team, Medical Strategy, Client Services, and Business Strategy teams. We look forward to meeting you!
Why You’ll Love Us:
- 100% Virtual Environment – Work from Home!
- Fantastic Culture – Evergreen 7Ps
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Focused on Your Financial Future – 401(k) with Company Match
- Investment in You – Ample opportunity to grow your career
- Work/Life Balance – Paid vacation time for rest and relaxation, Volunteer Time Off for community involvement
- Passion in what we do – Serving clients focused on Cancer and Blood diseases
Vaniam Group. We are a people-first, purpose-driven, independent network of healthcare and scientific communications agencies committed to helping clients in the oncology and hematology marketplace. Founded in 2007, we are the workplace of the future – now. With 200+ employees operating in a 100% virtual environment, we harness the talents and expertise of our team without geographic or time-zone constraints. We measure success by how well we deliver on our mission and the happiness of our people and our clients. Join us!