Hemonc Oncology MD Openings with SSM Health Dean Medical Group-Madison WI
SSM Health Cancer Care based in Madison, WI is adding two full time Medical Oncology physicians to our robust oncology team of 13 physicians and 2 advanced practice providers. This sub-specialty orientated practice will be looking for the new physicians to supplement our breast oncology group and our GI/GU oncology team. In this primarily outpatient focused practice, physicians have outpatient clinics 4 days a week. Two of the days are spent in Madison delivering subspecialty based care for breast cancer patients. The other two days are spent treating general oncology patients in our outreach clinics. Enjoy an administrative/education day that is built into every physicians schedule. Attractive shared call schedule of 1 in 13 during weekdays. Inpatient coverage rotations for approximately 4 weeks every year providing consultative services without primary admitting responsibilities. Future planned transition to a state-of-the-art comprehensive cancer care center currently in design phase of construction. This will incorporate a multidisciplinary oncology clinic. Clinical research available and encouraged.
- 1 in 13 weekday call schedule
- 2 days Madison, 2 days outreach, 1 administrative day
- Future transition to a comprehensive cancer center incorporating a multi-disciplinary oncology health clinic
- Quarterly inpatient coverage on a consultative basis
- Breast malignancy or GI/GU focus. Breast supported by Breast Nurse Navigator and Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards or GI/GU multidisciplinary Tumor Boards
- Clinical and Health Services research available and encouraged
- Participation in a variety of innovative quality improvement projects
- Collegial and experienced oncology team
- Unparalleled career options as part of a robust integrated oncology program
- Gorgeous Midwestern college town built on two lakes.
- Home of the largest producer-only farmers market in the U.S.
- Named one of the best cities in the country for biking.
- Outstanding restaurants and breweries. Foodie heaven.
- MD or DO
- WI Medical License (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Active DEA
- BE/BC Medical Oncology
- Sub-Specialty interest in breast and gynecological malignancies or GI/GU
Comprehensive benefit package exclusively designed for physicians including annual CME dollars, guaranteed salary for the first two years, immediate vacation/CME time allotments, 401K multi-funded account, and salary continuation are just a few of our generous offerings.