Director of Experimental Therapies- Tufts Cancer Center- Boston, MA
The Tufts Cancer Center and the Division of Hematology Oncology in the Department of Medicine at Tufts Medical Center seeks an exceptional candidate for the role of Director of Cancer Experimental Therapeutics. This position involves leadership of the cancer clinical trials enterprise and clinical practice in an area of medical oncology. The ideal candidate will have a leadership role within the Tufts Cancer Center and will work closely with the Director of the Cancer Center in development and implementation of Cancer Center research goals. Expected academic rank is at Associate or Full Professor, commensurate with experience. Components of the position include:
• Development, oversight, and expansion of the Tufts cancer research program
• Mentorship of junior faculty and fellows within the Division of Hematology Oncology and across the Tufts Cancer Center
• Effective collaboration with the Tufts Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute and network affiliates
• Productive outreach to industry and academic partners in cancer clinical trials development
• Design, implementation, and conduct of cancer clinical trials, including first-in-human and Phase I trials, and demonstrated team leadership in a multi-disciplinary setting.
• Development and expansion of the Tufts clinical cancer research program across the Wellforce network and affiliate sites
The Division is noted for distinction in clinical care, research, teaching, and high-value care, along with fostering faculty development. The Tufts Cancer Center is dedicated to people-centered focus in delivering cutting-edge cancer care, and serves as the academic Cancer Center anchor for the Wellforce network. Faculty members are actively supported in pursuing the outstanding opportunities for collaborative academic work that span the academic spectrum across the campus, including the Medical, Dental, Veterinary, Graduate, and Nutrition schools at Tufts University, the Tufts CTSI, the regional Wellforce network, and external affiliates and partners.
Tufts Medical Center is at the forefront of medical and health policy research. Tufts Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. We are committed to Academics with 453 residents and fellows training in 48 programs. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward with one goal in mind - quickly turning innovative research into pioneering care.
As a proud member of Wellforce, we bring together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Wellforce brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package