BC/BE Hematology Oncology Physician - Panama City, FL
Ascension Sacred Heart Bay Medical is seeking a BC/BE medical oncologist to join our team in Panama City, Florida.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join our regional team and grow cancer program affiliated with MD Anderson.
The ideal candidate will be a well-trained, quality focused, hardworking oncologist that has a desire to grow a practice.
This opportunity provides:
*Excellent earning potential and benefits package
*Ability to mold a program toward best practice standards and provide quality care to a community who needs it.
*Wonderful community with excellent cultural & recreational activities
*Great place for a young family
*Cost of living below the national average
Interested candidates should apply through the Ascension Careers page via the job posting at https://jobs.ascension.org/careers-home/jobs/33814?lang=en-us.
About Ascension Sacred Heart Bay
- As part of Ascension – the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system – Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically, and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach, Panama City, and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart – Northwest Florida’s only children’s hospital – and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. The 47-million-dollar renovation of Bay Medical after Hurricane Michael is in process and aims to create a facility with 185 private rooms. The improvements include major upgrades to information technology and creation of new space for physician offices and other services, including the laboratory, imaging and pharmacy. Bay offers an accredited Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center - which provides 24-hour emergency care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses, and emergency services located at the main hospital as well as a freestanding emergency center on Panama City Beach.
About Panama City
- Home to pristine white beaches and the iconic emerald waters of the Gulf Coast (consistently voted one of the top beaches in the country). Beautiful state parks that provide untainted access to flora and fauna. Pier Park is a popular destination that offers entertainment, dining, and shopping for people of all ages. Situated between Eglin AFB and Tyndall AFB, Panama City offers a strong military community in Northwest Florida. Situated on St. Andrew’s Bay, Panama City offers plenty of salt and freshwater activities, including boating and fishing.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Medical Oncologist in Panama City.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Sacred Heart to build a program and provide medical services to patients.
- Will provide foundation for establishing our oncology program in Panama City (We currently have a well-established program in Pensacola with a satellite in Destin) Looking for someone motivated to bring essential services to the community in a market that has a true need Looking for someone who is willing to lead and participate in an elite team environment
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients. Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital. Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested. Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner. Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
• Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Board eligibility/certification in medical specialty required.
• Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.