Mercy Health Physicians-Youngstown is seeking a Medical Oncologist. Currently, two physicians in our hospital-based group with 2 locations in the Greater Youngstown, Ohio region. Will be expanding to a third location in 2021.
- Candidate must have outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to develop and strengthen the cancer treatment team. Board certification or eligibility required.
- Services offered include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy and a broad array of oral chemotherapy drugs.
- The Oncology program participates in national cooperative and vendor sponsored clinical trials.
- Mercy hospital is committed to increasing offerings of multidisciplinary site-specific tumor boards and clinics with dedicated nurse navigators which currently include breast, lung, GI, H&N, and GU.
- Team includes two nurse practitioners and ancillary personnel including dietician and social workers.
- Comprehensive survivorship services with three dedicated Nurse Navigators.
- This is a hospital employment opportunity and there are no overhead or buy-in requirements. Mercy Health offers a highly competitive salary, relocation and loan repayment benefits, a generous annual CME stipend, 403B with employer matching and 457 retirement plans, group disability coverage, and other benefits.
About Mercy Health Youngstown:
Mercy Health Youngstown, formerly Humility of Mary Health Partners, is an integrated health system in the Mahoning Valley, which encompasses the Youngstown/Warren metropolitan area – Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties in Ohio. It is part of Bon Secours Mercy Health, which is headquartered in Cincinnati and is the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest Catholic health systems in the United States. It is affiliated with several medical schools including Northeast Ohio Medical University just north and Lake Erie College of Medicine northeast of the area.
Mercy Health Youngstown provides a full spectrum of healthcare services – acute inpatient and trauma, outpatient and ambulatory, rehabilitation, behavioral, emergency and urgent care, primary care physicians in patient-centered medical homes, specialist physician care, home health, home medical equipment, long-term care and hospice care, as well as Mercy Health Foundation Mahoning Valley. Learn more at: www.BSMHealth.org.
Situated an hour’s drive from Cleveland and Pittsburgh, Youngstown is at the center of the Mahoning Valley. With a population of 550,000, it’s a comfortable and inviting community with excellent schools and affordable housing, plus dozens of galleries, museums, performance venues and historic sites.
Mahoning County is home to lush parks and miles of hiking and biking trails. Several nearby lakes are great places to spend the day on the water. Plus, you’re just an hour south of beautiful Lake Erie.
The Youngstown area has been ranked #4 in the country for top-quality public golf courses, with more than a dozen to play.
Northeast Ohio is home to some of the finest domestic wineries in the country with varietals unique to the climate. The local dining scene satisfies “foodies” with a wide variety of cuisine.
From the professional Youngstown Symphony Orchestra to the longest continually running community theater in the U.S., the arts are playing an important part in the rebirth of the area. The unique Butler Institute of American Art is home to over 20,000 works created solely by American artists.
In addition to traditional malls, you’ll find everything from Ohio’s only indoor Amish Market to quaint antique shops and one of Ohio’s most unique farmers markets.
The area offers USHL hockey, Division 1 NCAA football and Class A baseball. It’s easy to take in the game of your choice close to home. For major league sports, Cleveland and Pittsburgh are just an hour away.
Youngstown is perfectly situated for those who like to travel, with 3 international airports within an hour’s drive.